• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Image incompatibility between Bridge and Photoshop

LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2015 Feb 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a significant difference in the appearance of an image in Bridge and when it is opened in Photoshop - as much as 1 to 3 stops. Over the past 2 weeks I have worked with technical support to solve this problem without success. I was told the problem was "a known Issue" and should be resolved in a few days. That was a week ago and still no fix. As a long time PS user I am very disapppointed in the level and quality of support. Maybe it is time for a change!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From QE (Watson #3931585)

Is it possible that there is a mismatch between an embedded profile and Photoshop's working space? If so, you may want to set the "Color Management Policies" from within PS to "Preserve Embedded Profiles."

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Jeffrey but I already have "Preserve Embedded Profiles" checked. The problem seems to be in Bridge and your tech team has not come up with a solution so far. This happened within the past month so it may be because of a recent update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. That note was from the QE (tester on Photoshop engineering team). They're looking into it and may have more questions for you. I will add this thread to the issue report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeffrey. I should also note that it happens with all images, not just new added images. Includes images I have processed years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey,
After almost 2 months there is still no response from your tech people. I suspect that the real problem is incompatibility with Windows 8 and a decision has been made to ignore the problem until Windows 10 is introduced. Hope I am wrong but no response is very disappointing

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Jeffrey,
After almost 2 months there is still no response from your tech people. I suspect that the real problem is incompatibility with Windows 8 and a decision has been made to ignore the problem until Windows 10 is introduced. Hope I am wrong but no response is very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate