P: Image Resize with Art Boards - off by 1 pixel is master doc has uneven dimensions

0 Votes
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm resizing an artboard from 600x1200 to 50%.     It results in 301x600 instead of 300x600.   See my screenshared video here.

Thank you

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022
We'll see if this is something we can make work better. Until then, use the workaround to start with even dimensions for master doc dimensions.
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I can't seem to repro: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/867af1d8-33fc-4c9d-5845-90608d23b616 

I've tried with Background layer, without a background layer. I wonder if it has anything to do with something else with this particular document?

If you create a new artboard from scratch and resize it do you get the same results?

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A colleague figured out the secret sauce. The doc needs to start with uneven number in it's dimensions. Your doc starts with dimensions of 937x1200. To avoid this rounding problem, start with a doc, or use Canvas Size, to make sure the dimensions are divisible by 2. Artboards are basically slices out of a master document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'll see if this is something we can make work better. Until then, use the workaround to start with even dimensions for master doc dimensions.

Bug Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate