• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Image shifted on second monitor

Contributor ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the CC 2017 update, when i move an image even only slightly to my second monitor it gets shifted. see example images below. it shows only the part of the images wich is on the second monitor, the rest is black. if i move the image deeper in the second monitor, it shows tow equal parts of the images on both monitors.

i still have the previous version of photoshop installed an made a test there. this is definitely not happening there.

please advise or remove the bug. otherwise the second monitor is not working properly.

many thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017
This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate
26 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see the shifting you describe, but it goes away once I release the image window on the target display. Are you saying the image looks incorrect even after releasing the window on the second display?

Thanks,
Eric 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi,

it happens even when the image only slightly covers the second screen. but only when portion of it is on the second screen. it happens while im draging the image but also when i release the button. also only when is between the screens, if the image is completely on the second scteen there are no issues.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. I've logged a bug for this issue.

Thanks,
Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Thanks for logging as a bug, I'll be looking forward to the fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

today i went back to CC2015.5! the brush and screen bugs are making CC2017 unusable for me.
sorry adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is extremely frustrating that the latest update 2017.0.1 didn't address this issue. the image is still shifted when dragged to the second monitor. adobe, i can't believe that this is so hard to reapair. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same problem on my external monitor with PScc 2017..funny thing is that lightroom is ok on my 2nd monitor...what is the problem & how to solve it..???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, but instead of shifting the whole document window turns black whenever the PS document window touches even the edge of the primary monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi charles,

yes, it is the same here.
but please click "me too" on top of the site, so they can see that thee are more people having the problem.

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Charles...what happens with me is as the photo gets transported/shifted to the second monitor/Eizo..the colors become more saturated when I put the photo to full screen using the F key..a real pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi ron,

but do you have also the black image issue?

i had also the color change issue, but it was related to different color profile and not a photoshop bug.
it should happen in adobe bridge too.
and it happened only after i let the mouse button when moving to the second screen.
while dragging the colours were the same as on the first monitor.

now i have two equal monitors and i don't have the color change issue anymore.

hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi...I think I have to go into more detail here with my problem....okay..my IMac & Eizo are calibrated separately using..Spyder3 pro..up to date..never had a problem until about a month ago...shifting Bridge from the imac to the Eizo...no problem...colors remain good as in Lightroom...

Ok..main window for Photoshop is iMac..open a photo on the iMac...all good...open a photo on the Eizo...all good...screen mode being standard..F key to bring to full screen with menu bar ...all good...press again to bring the photo back to Standard mode & then the photo colors are more saturated/on the Eizo...then the saturated colors stay..which ever screen mode I am in...

Then I have to close the photo & re-open the photo in Photoshop...time consuming...when I re-open on either the iMac or the Eizo all is well until I go from,with the F key from full screen back to standard...& back again to full screen etc..
I can drag the photo to my Imac screen & all is well again.
+
never had a problem with the black stuff...

once again...have been using photoshop for many years & never had this problem before...strange ...???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok...me again...just did a few tries using each screen mode using the Photoshop Menue bar-VIEW-SCREEN MODE..if I use this path & not the F KEY as a short cut all works well...for me it seems to be the problem using the short cut way..F KEY for different screen modes...mmmm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you have this issue only with the cc2017? probably it is related to the black image issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...answer being yes...since I have cc2017...last update...black magic...??? whats that..??been using photoshop for about the last 15 years...never had a problem...oooops

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a very short screen grab video showing the problem. I drag the PS document window to the left towards my secondary monitor. The PS window turns black when it hits the edge of my primary monitor. This did not happen with PS CC 2015 and earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly the same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. If it is the same thing, then it sounds like Eric Ching was able to reproduce and log a bug. I hope fixed in CC 2017.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the issue discussed above and have another issue that MIGHT be related. The window magnification changes when I move to a different monitor. I have it at 100% in the main monitor and move it to the laptop and PS changes it to 50% and if I zoom in to 100%, it gets blurry, like it's at 200%. If it's at 150%, it goes to 75%. If I launch PS on the laptop the file appears very tiny and when I zoom in, it gets blurry. I do not have this issue with any other program. I have checked the resolution on both monitors and also looked into PS preferences but can't find anything. I have also searched online and have not seen this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the issue discussed above and have another issue that MIGHT be related. The window magnification changes when I move to a different monitor. I have it at 100% in the main monitor and move it to the laptop and PS changes it to 50% and if I zoom in to 100%, it gets blurry, like it's at 200%. If it's at 150%, it goes to 75%. If I launch PS on the laptop the file appears very tiny and when I zoom in, it gets blurry. I do not have this issue with any other program. I have checked the resolution on both monitors and also looked into PS preferences but can't find anything. I have also searched online and have not seen this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

issue still not resolved in 2017.1???
why? it is an obvious bug?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use two screens (27" samsung monitor on top, and macbook retina mid2012 on bottom). when i open an image in photoshop, it starts up just fine. but moving a window over the edge between the two screens, a glitch happens in the windwos. most part of the window goes black. it's fine on both windows, but just moving it a bit over the screen edge creates the glitch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2017 Jun 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also reported this issue to Adobe four months ago and they acknowledged it was a bug due to be fixed. It wasn't fixed in the recent upgrade however. I have found that the issue goes away if you turn off  the graphics processor in the performance menu of photoshop preferences. This isn't a practical solution as it turns off lots of photoshop features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the latest release of Photoshop CC: https://blogs.adobe.com/photoshop/2017/10/get-the-goods-announcing-updates-to-photoshop-cc-dimension...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED! Thanks Jeffery! Thanks Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate