• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Incorrect Transform Controls Behavior

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Move Tool selected and "Show Transform Controls" checked. I select an image or a text that I want to resize and it shows a bounded box with 8 control points/squares as it should. I hover my mouse above any of those points and it shows a "resize" icon. But when I click instead of resizing image it always MOVES it. After than I have to move it back and click again on the same point and now it would resize.

I've seen this behavior in the program for a very long time, and finally decided to write about it. I don't think this is right. If I want to move an object I would click inside it. There's no logical reason transform controls changes to move all of the sudden...

Is this something that can be changed in settings?

Version 23.4.2

Thanks in advance!

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

The team is looking into this. Thank you.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The transform controls are working as they should for me on Windows 10 with Photoshop version 23.4.2, have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences

2022-07-29 12_25_53-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I tried that, still same issue. It happens on 2 different Windows computers. I took a 16 second screen recording:
https://youtu.be/Vtupy75ALVE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can replicate the issue with a text layer, I was testing it with an image layer, I don't have the issue on an image layer.

I noticed that if you hit Ctrl + T there's no issue with using the transform controls on the text layer, it only seem to happen with the Show Transform Control option enabled.

I just noticed that when you hit Ctrl + T the transform box size increases vertically and this is what happens with selecting the Show Transform Control option, if you click once the transform box size increases vertically and then clicking again lets you transform as normal, it's the same behaviour in version 22.5.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ged. You are correct, I didn't realize images were not affected. For sure it wasn't an issue before, not sure which update introduced it tho, but it's been happening for months at least... I contacted support, but sadly they told me I have to click on the box controls before resizing... So that's an extra click I have to remember, and completely unessasry 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use Ctrl + T instead, I can't remember ever using the Show Transform Controls option, hence I never noticed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's a workaround. You can also click second time and it will work, but it seems like a bug to me. Becuase mouse icon actually changes into transform/rotate graphics when you hover over it, so logcially when I click and drag it should perform this command but it moves instead.  What's strange is that sometimes it actually works ok, i.e. starts resizing text... This just drives me nuts cause of the workflow I'm using (click/drag/reposition/resize)... I hope Adobe will do something about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team is looking into this. Thank you.

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello .. can i just add to this?  I have the same issue.. what i realised is, there are two sets of bounding boxes... one is the automatic which appears on selected layers and can be switched on/off with the "show transform controls" switch.  The other one is when you press CTRL+T .. its the bounding box around smart objects ..  

For example when i make smart object with text which is smaller then the whole SO, in layer the transform controls will appear just around text, but when you want to grab them, they'll jump to the "whole smart object" controls ...

and it frustrates me a lot .. the "in layer" transform controls should represent the whole SO all the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's 2024 and this bug still hasn't been fixed. Adobe is really going down the drain.

Votes

Translate

Translate