• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Instantly crashes when you try to change effect settings on a text folder.

LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug: Photoshop v.21.2.0, running on Mac Catalina v.10.15.5. Photoshop instantly crashes when you try to change effect settings on a text folder.

Description: If you have a saved effect on a folder for text (I use it to set all the text lines on a promo graphic to white or black), and you try to adjust the effect, like if you try to uncheck the effect, Photoshop instantly disappears and everything you've done is not saved. It doesn't go through normal shut down mode. This happened several times to me yesterday before I realized what was happening and it's seriously annoying. 

Workaround: Reopen Photoshop, reopen the file, and pull text items out of the folder with effects and into a new folder. Delete the old folder. Save the updated file. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the great steps to reproduce. I've asked engineering to take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem of crashing for no reason so many times during the last two weeks! probably 15-20 times! this is so annoying. For me it happened mainly when I was creating new brushes, and as I was in the process of doing that, Photoshop crashes, and all my new brushes were gone!!!! I didn't have time to save them to my computer.  I gennerally do it at the end of the day. Now I just do it for every single brush I am creating, which is slowing down the work, but really no choice. The photoshop technicians on line said it was perhaps because my windows 10 wasn't updated, but it had nothing to do with that, because  also after I updated it , it kept crashing all the time.
They also said they haven't had any complain of photoshop crashing recently. At least I am not the only one.
Good luck to you and hopefully Adobe will take care of the problem  soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've got the latest PS version, keeps crushing as the previous one whenever I try to change image dimensions or apply various settings. Honestly, the software was better 5 years ago than it is now.

Votes

Translate

Translate