• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Issue with .onChange for eddittext in JSX scripts

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure is this was an intended change or a bug in CC 2015.1.2. I'm hoping someone from Adobe can clarify if this is a bug or an intended change to the javascript engine. If this was an intended change then I'll want to reprogram all of my scripts.

Here is what is going on (only tested on Windows 10)........

I have a bunch of scripts that use the .onChange event for edittext boxes. When a numerical value is typed in and the user presses "Enter", this would trigger the .onChange function for the script. The .onChange functions use the new edittext values to apply changes to the image. This has worked fine from CS3 all the way through 2015.1.1. In 2015.1.2, the Enter key will not trigger the .onChange event. It just makes a beeping sound.

Is the Enter key is now solely dedicated to "OK" buttons? For my scripts, they don't have OK buttons in order to avoid any "Enter" key conflicts with the edittext boxes. I have it setup to apply the changes with the edittext changes. There is then a regular button set up to close the dialog when the user is done but not any OK buttons tied to the enter key.

Anyway, I'd really appreciate some feedback to let me know if this is a bug or something that is reprogrammed to be a permanent change. That way I can redesign my scripts accordingly.

Thanks, Damon

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damon,

I'll have our Script UI guy follow up with you. I believe the change was intentional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damon,

This is a bug that affects Windows - Mac is working correctly. Using the onEnterKey handler on the edit text field should work as a temporary workaround until we can get the fix out.

Thanks for reporting this!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 22, 2016 Jan 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Eric. That works perfectly. I didn't even know about the onEnterKey handler. That is an easier workaround then what I was planning to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, now it seems the .onEnterKey double triggers the event in CC 2015.1.2. I don't think it was doing this until today. I thought that CC 2015 updated today but it still shows 2015.1.2. Maybe it was a prior version but I thought for sure Creative Cloud was updating CC 2015.

Anyway, I tested by having the onEnterKey function do nothing except alert a message. The message always alerts twice in a row. In CS6, the message only alerts once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I did confirm that the onEnterKey double runs the event function on another Windows computer.  However, I was wrong about it being due to an update.  The other computer was running 2015.1.2 as well and it said it needed an update.  I tested before and after the update and it double ran the onEnterKey function both before and after the update.  The update was only for a Camera Raw update and the version was still 2015.1.2 after the update.

I also tested  on Mac and the onEnterKey works fine and only runs the event function once.

I guessing this is related to the same onChange issue.  However, I figured you'd want to know about it just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Damon, we'll look into this.  I'll update with any potential workarounds.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eric.  I already have a workaround. I just wanted to make sure you knew about the onEnterKey issue.

For the workaround I just assign the edittext numerical value to a variable at the end of the function.  The onEnterKey function compares the edittext number to the variable.  It will only run if the edittext number is different than the variable.  That way it only runs the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Damon,

We've reproduced the issue and will do our best to get a fix in for the next release.

Thanks,
Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate