• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Keyboard shortcuts are messed up

Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble with keyboard shortcuts in Photoshop CC 2017 running on Windows 10... I have to click around and punch the alt key to make them work 😕

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017
Hi Alex,

This should be resolved in the 19.0.1 release which is currently available for update. Please update Photoshop using the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate
21 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems all keyboard shortcuts need to be used twice before the tools 'stick'. It's incredibly annoying.

Also, the spacebar often toggles between the last 2 used tools, so if I've just used the eraser and then switch to the brush, pan around and want to continue using the brush, I have to hit spacebar or B again or else I'll start erasing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I clearly noticed this problem also. With The Ctrl Alt  + S to save as copy which now walks once in two ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's doing it only for "Ctrl + Alt" shortcuts. I don't have problems with tools shortcuts now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere on the other threads popping up here, that using alt + ctrl instead of ctrl + alt works as a workaround. Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Also using the Wacom Remote view rotation feature doesn''t work anymore. Don't know what else is broken -.-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that works sometimes... still not a legit workaround

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

This should be resolved in the 19.0.1 release which is currently available for update. Please update Photoshop using the Creative Cloud desktop app and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the feedback!
I can confirm that it didn't happen after update 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a 19.0.1 release coming for CC 2018?  CC says I have the latest (19.0) but I definitely have keyboard shortcuts mapping incorrectly even after doing a preferences reset.  The mappings look as expected, but the commands are incorrect (e.g., Shift-F5 executes Select-Grow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

The 19.0.1 update became available on November 13. The keyboard shortcut fix that I was referring to was specifically related to the Alt key, so I'm not sure this will address your issue with Shift+F5. I'll look into that further.

As far as the update, sorry you aren't seeing it. Here is a doc explaining what to do in the event that you don't see the update automatically in the CC:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-application-recognizing-available.html

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I did have the update.  The 'about' box show '19.0' but right clicking on the app in creative cloud shows a tooltip with "version 19.0.1."  Looking into this would be great.  I can send diagnostics if there is a way to do that.  I've tried reassigning the keys manually, etc. but get exactly the same behavior.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

The default functionality for Shift + F5 is supposed to be the keyboard shortcut for Fill. If you go to Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, expand the menu under Select and beside Grow what do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

When you say grow selection you mean that the whole selection grows by a certain number of pixels, correct? I don't mean to be rudimentary, but you do mean grow selection as opposed to add to the selection right (which would be the behavior of the Shift key alone). I just want to rule out the possibility that your F5 key doesn't work.

If it is grow selection, and it's oddly not in the keyboard shortcut panel, could you create a screen capture of the behavior? I'm also looking to see if we have a diagnostic that records keystrokes and response. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hannah.  I captured a screen shot - not sure if that's what you're looking for (the F5 key definitely works - I use it a fair amount).  As you can see in the screen shot, when I hit Shift-F5 the 'grow' command is executed.  I know that because the 'undo' command is 'Undo Grow.'  Just to be clear - I simply made a lasso selection around a small rock and then hit Shift-F5.  Maybe this is just a "reinstall the application" situation.

I

I tried deleting the Shift-F5 shortcut and then reassign 'Edit-Fill' to Shift-F5.  Then I get this:

I tried reassigning Alt-F5 to Grow.  And I still got the same screen as above when trying to assign Shift-F5 to Edit-Fill.  As I mentioned, I tried resetting preferences ('reset preferences on Quit').

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Larry. That was clever of you to include the undo menu in the screen capture. Doing some digging regarding problems with Shift+F5, I saw the suggestion of pressing Fn+Shift+F5 (though that was on a Mac). What happens if you press Fn+Shift+F5?

Either way I'll keep looking into this.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep 🙂  It took some experimenting to get that screen shot.  

I just tried a few ways of incorporating the Fn key - no difference.  I would just go ahead and uninstall/reinstall but I have a lot of plugins and associated applications - it wouldn't be any fun to try to track all that down.  I assume I 'would' have to reinstall plugins, is that right?

By the way - I think that second screen shot is the key.  For some reason, PS is convinced I have Shift-F5 assigned to Grow.  I tried the 'Summarize' on the Keyboard shortcuts screen.  No clues there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Okay one of my colleagues noticed that the error message says "by the action titled Grow" - we think you have an action titled Grow that is overriding the shortcut key for Fill. Go to Window > Actions and look for an action titled "Grow" - we're guessing that Shift+F5 is the trigger for it.

Thanks,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  Bingo!  I wonder did some plugin create these?  I never (like not even once) use 'Grow.'  I see all these other commands sequentially assigned Shift-Function keys.  Is there a way to reset all actions to the defaults?

Edit:  I just found this in a search (written in 2009):

"Somehow (like me), you probably loaded a set of actions called "Commands," which contains lots of keyboard shortcuts for things like cut, copy, paste, etc.  The specific command for "grow" is Shift+F5.  You can either remove that action specifically, or you can remove the whole "Commands" set by clicking on the trash icon at the bottom of the Actions pallette."

And indeed, these actions are all under a set named 'Commands.'  If they are not out of the box, I wonder where they came from ... 

Last edit:  I found the 'actions - reset actions.'  Problems should be solved now.  Still no idea what installed those but I think I'm good.  Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Larry,

Commands are shipped with Photoshop, so all you would have to do is select them in the menu in the actions panel and they would have been installed on your machine. 

Glad it's straightened out!

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see what you mean (installing the commands).  This should be logged as a bug.  The shortcut for Edit-Fill is listed as Shift-F5 on the menu - but it has actually been hijacked by this Grow command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Agreed. Already taken care of 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate