• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Layer count glitch when adding a new layer

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a bit of an issue with the layer count when adding new layers in Photoshop...  I am 100% sure I have renamed every layer I've added rather than just leaving it 'Layer #', but when I add a new layer, for some reason the layer count is at '524' instead of '1'.  If I change the name of that newly added layer from 'Layer 524' to something else and then add another new layer, the count will go up to 525.  

I have the layers organized into groups, and I've noticed if I delete a group (any group at all) and add a new layer, the layer count will go back to '1'.  In other words, hypothetically speaking, if one group had a layer that was named 'Layer 523' and that's what was causing the new layer count to be 524, that couldn't be fixed simply by deleting ANY random group, the group that had this hypothetical 'Layer 523' in it would have to be deleted to solve the problem... or that layer would have to be renamed.  What I'm saying is, I've troubleshooted this already, and if there were a 'Layer 523', that also wouldn't be causing the count to keep going up even after renaming newly added layers.  Besides that, as I said at the beginning, I'm 100% sure I have renamed every layer.  I've checked three or four times to make sure I don't have a layer called 'Layer 523'.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, or have any thoughts as to what might be causing it?

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Thanks. Got it, and can reproduce it. Very strange. I will warn you, this might be lower priority for engineers to look at.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the search feature in the Layers panel to search for that file name? If so, can you post a file that exhibits his behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I searched for 'Layer 523'.  There is no 'Layer 523', or any other number.  I can post the file if you want, but when I opened it earlier to continue trying to troubleshoot the problem, without me doing anything or changing anything at all, the problem seems to have just gone away.  Do you still think it would be useful for me to post the file here?  Also, if the issue comes back, should I post an update here? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... The problem has returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. It might help to have a file that exhibits the issue. You can use CC files or Dropbox to share a link to the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's the Dropbox link; https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnarx0j9m4ltqjo/Troubleshoot.psd?dl=0

One thing only just noticed late last night, it seems that copying and pasting things; images for reference, for example, or layers/layer groups from other Photoshop files seems to be what's causing the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Got it, and can reproduce it. Very strange. I will warn you, this might be lower priority for engineers to look at.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate