• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Layer opacity does not change while moving the slider.

LEGEND ,
Feb 20, 2020 Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the "Layer Opacity" slider (AND/OR while pressing on "opacity" and moving the cursor) does not affect the image as you go. Instead, it waits until you let go of the cursor (i.e, set a value) and only then it will render the resulting image. 

Win 10 64-bit

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
24 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to affect many tools following the latest update.  I updated last night and it affects the opacity slider, fade slider, curves etc.

One other event I had last night after the update was that the entire image window froze and would not update.  The UI (menus, toolbar, panels etc) was still working fine but the image window was just frozen.  Tried minimising it, switching documents, minimising Photoshop etc.  I was able to save the work close PS and re-open - and it didn't happen again, but it may be related - ie the way the image window is refreshed has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having same issues. Plus curvature pen tool started to act really slow. 
And honestly absolutely no performance improvements noticed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is looking into the slider/update issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should start a different thread and provide more details. (OS/version, whether you're using a table or mouse, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you pres controll+T (transform) then it starts to work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Horrible bug !!! I updated Photoshop yesterday. Yes, Ctrl+T works for layers containing images, but does not for LUTs. I need 30% time more to adjust images. Does Adobe presume any subscription bonus due to my longer time spent on working with Phostoshop 21.1 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My opacity slider also does not update in real-time
 while sliding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. At first I thought it was related to other malfunctions introduced with this version and noticeable when using a scale value of 125% ( https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-cc-2020-v21-1-0-recessed-layer-thum... ), since it also had to do with the Layers palette, but I guess this one is a different issue. Too many problems with this version, going back to 21.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with both my PC's running version 21.1.  I've had to downgrade to CC 2019 to revert back to the best working version.  I'm running Windows 10 with both my PC's utilizing high-end Nvidia cards with the latest drivers.  I haven't tested all of the sliders but the shadows/highlights sliders no longer work in real-time either with version 21.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with mine - windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded thinking I could get back real time change viewing - which I did - but I lost everything custom made I had ever done... gradients, actions, presets etc... I hope you have better luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here: Scrubby opacity does not update realtime - it previously worked fine. Also when using Hand tool to drag image/change position, image keeps snapping back to left side. This also used to work fine.

C'mon, Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.
Works during transform but not when back out of it.
Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be kind of solved in the latest update but it doesnt work nearly as smooth as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's very annoying. Who would say this feature will be a problem for such a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep... They definitely did something about it... But it's not as good as before... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. The latest version 21.1.1 does seem to "fix" the problem, but the layer opacity slider is quite sluggish, as if laboring to crunch too much math.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest version made this much worse. Now it behaves quie erratical. Movin g slider to 0% doesnt make a layer invisible. It looks like about 50%. This is messing up my workflow totally.

Rolling back to an earlier version made my actions dissappear 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now using 21.2.0 on a PC and scrubby opacity is significantly improved but still not as smooth as it was before. It's incredibly disappointing when Adobe constantly touts "improvements" (to what?) while achieving record profits beyond $11B in 2019. Maybe just a little could be spent improving the product that Adobe keeps breaking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still happending on 21.2.2 and win 10
super frustrating and kills the fluidity of editing and micro adjustments. please adobe, why is this still happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found out what causes this problem in Photoshop Elements 14 on my Windows 10 computer and how to solve it.

When I've swapped left and right buttons on my Logitech mouse from the default Windows setting, the opacity slider does not show real-time adjustments..

This happens when I go to: Settings --> Control Panel --> Mouse then click on "Switch primary and secondary buttons." It also happens if I do the same thing by entering the Logitech Options program and click on the box to "Swap left and right buttons."

When I swap back to the normal left-right button configuration, the real-time opacity of the slider works.

(Switching back from the control panel mouse settings also resets the button settings in the Logitech Options program.)

Cheers!

~ Russ Loar

Votes

Translate

Translate