• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Layer styles using advanced blending options don't work after restart/reload in CC 2014.1

LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into a problem with Layer Styles in CC 2014.1.0 running on Mac Mavericks.

I place a new layer over a colored, textured background layer. I click the FX button and choose Blending Options. Then I drag the Sliders under the BLEND IF: GREY section until some of the background shows through. Now I go to the Styles panel and click to save the new style. The style works great on new layers until I quit Photoshop. When I do, the style is still in the styles panel, but when I click to add it to the layer, it doesn't show up.

If I save the style out of Photoshop before I quit, and load it back in after, it still doesn't work. Interestingly enough, however, if I take that saved style and load it into Photoshop CS5, it DOES work.

This problem doesn't occur with any other options. Only the Blending Options won't take. If I add Blending options plus drop shadow, the drop shadow still take, but the blending Options won't.

Finally, when I load in styles that were created in CS5 that use the advanced blending options, they work just fine in CC2014.

I have reset my preferences, which deleted all my styles. I started from scratch and it still happens.

Thanks for any insight!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015
This should be fixed in the Photoshop CC (2015) update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am bumping this up since I have had no response in a month. This problem still exists with most recent 2014.2.1 update. Attaching a screen shot of the settings I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cranberry, I'm Tranberry. I can repro this and will log a bug. Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2015 Jun 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in the Photoshop CC (2015) update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you! Looking forward to this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate