• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Liquify Filter stops working after 450-500 uses within a Photoshop session (PS 24.2.0 and higher)

Engaged ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 I am tagging you since you were involved the last 2 times I reported this same bug in the past... and you were very helpful those times 🙂  So I'm hoping that you can direct this bug to the proper people.

This issue is a pretty major issue for me (and my plugin users) as it is affecting all of my plugin users who are running Windows (I'm a plugin developer). This issue is with Photoshop itself, but is affecting my plugins.

Note: I also reported this bug in the pre-release group since it is happening on the pre-release beta 24.3.0 version as well. However, since this is happening on the current public release, I am posting here too. Since there are multiple places to post bugs, I’m not sure which is the proper place to post to ensure it is seen by the right person at Adobe. Therefore, I’m just posting in both locations.

I have reported this twice in the past and Adobe has fixed it each time. Now it is back again for a 3rd time.

This bug is inside of the Liquify filter itself and can be repeated in Photoshop itself without using any of my plugins. However, since I have 3 plugins that use the Liquify tool in high volume batch processing, those plugins are also affected by this issue. My plugins are used by hundreds of professional photographers in the high volume school and sports photography industry. Most of the users are batch processing 1000s of images at a time. So all of my plugin users who run on Windows are affected by this.

This problem has popped back up in 24.2.0 (also in 24.3.0) but was fixed twice in the past by Adobe.

See Bug ID – PS-80451. This was the old bug ID when when it was last reported and fixed in CC 2022. Hopefully that will give insight for what needs done to fix this again.

It was also reported in CC 2020 and fixed in 21.1.1.

So the re-occurrence in 24.2.0 is the 3rd time this has reappeared.

Also, I created new Bug ID – PS-105403 which is the bug ID for this same bug in the pre-release group as this is happening on both the production 24.2.0/1 releases and the 24.3.0 beta release.

Issue:
The Liquify tool stops working after 450-500 uses within a given Photoshop session.

Photoshop versions: 24.2.0, 24.2.1, and 24.3.0 (latest pre-release 20230228.m.2087)

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create an action that runs Liquify. I use Face Aware Liquify.
2. Batch process the action for a folder of 525 images using Image Processor script. Liquify will stop working between 450-500 images. I have tested many Windows machines and it has happened on every system I have tested, every time. None of the systems could repeat the bug in 24.1.1.

See the video from this link where I show how to reproduce it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShJZq54RzPQ

Expected result:
Liquify should not stop working

Actual result:
Liquify stops working after 450-500 uses within a photoshop session on Windows. It is very repeatable
See the video from the link above

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.3. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
34 Comments
Engaged ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert 

Thanks for the follow up. I'll test and let you know on the next release.

Also, after it is fixed,  is there a way to make sure the fix doesn't get removed in a future release?  This fix has been applied twice before but then the exact same issue comes back.  So I'm not sure if there is a patch being applied and then the patch doesn't get carried over to a later PS release or something along those lines.  It could be a different bug.... However, when the issue comes back, the symptoms are identical to the previous occurrences so it seems like the exact same bug.   So I'm hoping there is a way to prevent re-occurrence in the future as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.3. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mohit Goyal 

Thanks for addressing this issue.

I tested both 24.3.0 and the pre-release beta 24.4.0.

It is fixed in 24.3.0. However, the issue is still there in the 24.4.0 beta.  I'm assuming this is going to also be fixed in the next 24.4.0 beta so that it doesn't come back when 24.4.0 is released to the public, correct?

Here is the beta release I am using (pre-release version).

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.4.0 20230314.m.2102 65e771c x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit.  How do I stop the bright white flashing screen that I get when I try and open a file in the new Photoshop 24.3 release?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nicknz 
I suggest posting a new topic instead of replying to this completely unrelated topic.  This thread is about a Liquify tool issue.  It is probably best to keep this discussion pertaining to the on the originally posted topic. It makes things confusing when unrelated issues are thrown into a thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, sorry.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is reported as been fixed in version 24.3

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor 
Yes, it is fixed in 24.3.0. However, it is not yet fixed in the 24.4.0 beta release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2023 Mar 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mohit Goyal 
@CoryShubert 

Just wanted to report this is now fixed in both 24.3.0 and also in the last 24.4.0 beta release, version 24.4.0 20230321.m.2110 025d911 x64

I also had a few of my plugin users test my plugins in both 24.3 and the 24.4 beta and it worked for them too. So thank you for the speedy fix on this 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate