• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Liquify Tool Crashes with Assertion Failed! error on all Windows systems

Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Liquify Tool is used between 475-500 times within the same Photoshop CC 2020 session it gives an Assertion Failed! error and crashes Photoshop.  This is very repeatable and happens on every Windows system in my testing.  I originally reported this back in version 21.2.2.  It is still happening in version 21.2.4.  I never received any reply to the prior post so not sure if anyone from Adobe saw it.

It is easy to recreate this.  Just running a 1 step action with Liquify in a batch process will always crash Photoshop with this error from 475-500 images. This only happens in CC 2020 but not CC 2019.

Image is not available

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.2. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

We are working on the fix.

@Damon D Bell since you are on PreRelease you may get a chance to put it thru it's paces as well before it goes public. Watch for an email as I will update the ticket you filed when it is ready to test

Votes

Translate

Translate
51 Comments
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mohit Goyal 
@Daniel Presedo 
@J453 

This issue is back again in the latets Photoshop 24.2.0 release on Window 10 and Windows 11.  Same as last time, Mac is not affected.

Since 24.2.0 was released, I've had a bunch of Windows users reporting crashing. I've been able to repeat this on my windows machines and it is very repeatable.

In my testing, to remove my plugins from the equation, I jsut wrote a 1 step Photoshop action to apply a face aware liquify to the image. Then, batch processing the action through the Photoshop Image Processor script, it wil produce the crash.  I've tested this on 24.2.0 and the 24.3.0 beta with the same results. The only difference is that before it was giving the assertion failed error message. This time it just gives the crash report dialog.  Other than that, everythig else is the same and it seems to happen between 400-500 images ran through liquify within a single Photoshop session. 

This doesn't happen on 24.1.1. It started on 24.2.0. I;ve verified on my computer as well quite a few of my plugin users' computers that it just started (again) on 24.2.0.

I am a plugin developer and 3 of my plugins utilize Face Aware Liquify as part of a sequence to determine face position. The plugins then use the face position to auto compose the images.  These 3 plugins are used heavily in volume batch processing my hundreds of professional photographers in the school and youth sports photography industry. So this is a major issue disprupting their volume workflow. It's not a minor issue for them. 

This is the 3rd gtime this issue has popped up. i reported this in CC 2021 and then it was fixed. It came back in CC 2022 and was fixed again. Now it has popped back up in CC 2023.  Can you please take a look at this and see about getting it fixed again? please respond and let me know because this is a major issue for my customers as well as myself because my plugins are dead in the water for Windows right now because of this issue. So this is having a major affect on my business too.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate