• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mac Only Script UI bug with dropdown menus

Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the release of CC 2015.1, in Mac only, the dropdown menu width will auto expand past the set width to the width of largest menu item. Prior to CC 2015.1, the dropdown menu would stay at the defined width. The dropdown items would expand when clicking the dropdown menu. However, the dropdown menu itself would not expand.

To test whether it was my scripts only, I added action sets and actions with long names and then opened Image Processor. This issue can be seen on the Image Processor Script too. The action sets with a long name will expand the action set dropdown menu width. However, after selecting an action set, when the action dropdown menu populates, it will not expand the width of the dropdown menu. Therefore, it appears that the menu items will not affect the width of the dropdown after the UI window is created.

As a work around, I put the menu items I needed for my scripts into an array. Then, I looped through the array during the window.onShow function. This fixes the issue for my scripts. I also tried putting the code to populate the dropdown menu right before window.show(). However, that did not work. The only way to make it work was inside of the onShow function.

Windows does not seem to have this issue. Also, I only have Mac Yosemite OS to test and it has not been tested on El Capitan OS.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016
This should be solved in the 2015.1.2 update released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015
Thanks. We'll investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to an application menu, or a popup menu in a script UI ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm referring to a dropdown list for a jsx script.

This is the same menu item type that is used in the Image Processor script for the action sets and actions dropdown lists. To see if the problem was only my scripts or I tested the Image processor script. I created actions and sets with really long names and opened Image Processor. Image processor did the same thing. The action Sets dropdown expands and pushes the UI width out. However, after selecting an action set, the actions dropdown does not expand when it populates with the long action names.

Based on my testing, I figured out it was not my scripts causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. We'll investigate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2016 Jan 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be solved in the 2015.1.2 update released today: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 21, 2016 Jan 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks, this does appear fixed in 2015.1.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate