• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Mac OS Catalina "could not save because of a disk error" when saving to a network volume

LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading to Mac OS Catalina Photoshop-files can be saved to the network-volume everybody at my workplace uses (and have been using for years), but if i open the file (either through Finder or "Edit original" in Adobe Indesign) and try to save the file i get the error message "could not save because of a disk error".

To save the file, i have to save it first to my desktop, and then overwrite the file on the server manually.

Every time i try to save directly to the server/overwrite the file after making changes in Photoshop, a temp-file is created in the same location as the file on the server, this "temp-files" does not get automaticly deleted.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly same problem and its driving me insane. 
I found if I start saving and move/delete file, error does not happen. But I can't just do that every time I overwrite my file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Why are we getting more and more bugs???

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? Same Problem. This is exactly why i typically don't upgrade my OS. But with the virus and being stuck home with limited work i decided to try it. And damned if I don't regret it every day now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why hasn't this problem been fixed? this bug is still a problem for us, for every user at our business running macOS Catalina (now at version 10.15.4) when saving to a network drive through AFP. Doesn't happen with every file, but several times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started getting this after last update. Itā€˜s constant. Cannot work like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO frustrating. I basically have to create a working folder on my desktop and save everything there, then copy and paste to my DiskStation. Pretty much defeats the purpose of having the DiskStation. Beyond frustrating that they haven't fixed it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey guys, I also had the same problem and it might be helpful : 
Go to System Preference > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > check Photoshop 
and then I could save as well as the past. Try it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have the hide to say they don't support working over networks but they can work with their cloud!! I asked about this bug via chat support and they said just copy the file to the hard drive and then after you've finished copy it back. Not a great solution especially considering every single other piece of software that I own does not have any issue with working with files on a network volume. It's simply pathetic that Adobe are doing this. Maybe Adobe users should start a class action against them because we are definitely not getting what we're paying for.

Another bug is "save asā€¦" doesn't overwrite a file with the same name because the word "copy" is added to the file name AFTER you click save. That's a bug that has been hanging around for a while now too.

I have been using Adobe software since 1987 and I'm so disappointed with their approach to the software now - they add features I don't want, change existing features that have worked perfectly for 30 years to make them nearly unusable and then to top it off introduce time wasting bugs like these!!

The current situation is the worst it has been since I've been using their software (33 years). The software costs a lot more than it used to. With Adobe, the more you pay the worse the quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated photoshop to 23.4.0 and I am now having this problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im currently having this issue whilst working on my Phd and it is driving me INSANE! Tried granting Full Access, Purging All data from Photoshop, reinstalling it... literally everything i could think of.... and still cant save an updated file..... PLEASE HELP 

Votes

Translate

Translate