• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Moving Around Workspace causing screen glitching & green background on macOS

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just downloaded the new 2023 version of Photoshop. Photoshop told me that if I did not have the latest version of MacOS there could be some performance issues, so I made sure everything was up to date and downloaded the latest MacOS. However, now whenever I move around my workspace in Photoshop my screen glitches and I get weird green flashes that make it next to impossible to work.

Zooming in and out using the trackpad/mouse causes this, as well as just moving left, right, up, and down. I purged my cache and still the same issue. Restarted Photshop and my computer, still the same issue.

Someone please help as I have a lot of work to do! 

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Thanks for your feedback. We're working on this issue and share the update here.

Mohit

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
100 Comments
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the SAME problem.

iMAC  Big Sur 11.7.1
1,4 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (nicht aufrüstbar)
Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB

Was wir bisher getan haben, um das Flackern des Monitors beim Arbeiten mit Photoshop
zu beheben:

System upgedatet,
Cache und PRAM gelöscht, 
Junk-Dateien entfernt, 
System komplett gesäubert,
Grafikkarte und RAM getestet (fehlerfrei!)
Photoshop 24.0.1 installiert
Systemeinstellungen überprüft
Wartungsskripte ausgeführt
Photoshop-Grundeinstellungen bzg. Cache, Arbeitsspeicher etc gemäß Empfehlungen der
Community modifiziert bzw. zurückgesetzt, nochmal modifiziert:

ALLES OHNE ERFOLG.

Das FLACKERN tritt NUR und AUSSCHLIESSLICH bei der Benutzung von Photoshop auf.
ALLE anderen Programme verursachen KEIN Bildschirmflackern.

Die VORHERIGE Version 23 lief EINWANDFREI.

Die empfohlenen Tipps von Jeffrey haben leider NICHT geholfen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a photograph in Photoshop the screen flashes neon green. It stops but if need to zoom in it keeps flashing neon green until I stop zooming in. I dont know what is causing this.

I am working on Mac OS 13.0.1, Photoshop 2022. Any suggestions please. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Elaine2253880194ou sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory,
I went to Preferences and restored the preferences, deactivared the native canvas and no more flashing neon screen. Thank you so much.

Kind Regards,

Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could all affected users go to their Creative Cloud app, click the check for update button, and if available, update Photoshop to 24.1.1, which is supposed to fix this issue: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/fixed-issues.html

Please report if the update solves your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you leave pallettes on screen, it works. Hide pallettes, and Photoshop goes wonky.

https://mark-sweeney.com/Video/Glitches.mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one of my computers (new iMac with M1 Chip, running OSX12.3) Photoshop v24 flickers and blanks out on the display.  My other iMacs do not have this issue. Prior versions of Photoshiop on this computer do not have this issue.

Anyone had this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one of my computers (new iMac with M1 Chip, running OSX12.3) Photoshop v24 flickers and blanks out on the display.

Go to your Preferences > Tools... and uncheck "Enable Flick Panning" and "Animated Zoom". Does this fix the problem? Or try disabling GPU in preferences.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Unchecking those changes nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark-Sweeney curious what version of Ps you are on? Testing here and it works as expected and marching ants show without panels...

Do you see this message when going into Screen Mode > Full Screen Mode?

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 11.40.47 AM.png

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the F key to go full screen mode, so I never see that message. When U use the menu to do that, the marching ants show up while dragging the lasso tool around.

However, if I go Full Screen Mode with Menu bar, using either the F key, or the View > Screen Mode > Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar - it goes all glitchy as shown in the video.

I have my menubar set to automatically hide/show. If I turn that off, Photoshop works as expected. When I turn it on, Full Screen Mode With Menu Bar goes all glitchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that update @Mark-Sweeney cuious what happens if you reset your keyboard shortcuts to default?

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 24.1.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 24.1.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark-Sweeney it is not clear in your messages if you still experience the issue on V 24.1.1. could you please confirm the version you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still happens with Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar in Photoshop 24.1.1

It does not happen with Standard Screen Mode or Full Screen Mode.

Looks like the System Setting of Automatically Hide And Show The Menu Bar is not being taken into account by Photoshop.

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 6.03.09 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't F Photoshop's default shortcut for going full screen mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Mark-Sweeney wrote:

Isn't F Photoshop's default shortcut for going full screen mode?

Hi Mark,

The short answer is "Yes".

The long answer is that Photoshop does not use the macOS native full screen mode, aka "Spaces". See this primary thread for details:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-support-for-native-full-screen-mode-on-ma...

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct, the native Mac full screen and Photoshop full screen are slightly different. Spaces are supported, but it can get a bit confusing with Spaces, Stage Manager now, and with Photoshop using its own window management (and remember, Photoshop on Mac can be used with or without the Application Frame, which adds another level of window management.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, @Mark-Sweeney for the additional details. Pinging @Mohit Goyal 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. We're working on this issue and share the update here.

Mohit

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across this thread while searching for answers to why all of my Adobe apps (Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop) wake up from sleep mode halfway down the screen. This never happened on my iMac 27" with Monterey. I recently purchased a new Mac Mini M2 Pro which I set up the first week in February. This was happening as soon as I loaded the Adobe Apps. I just click on the green maximize button to bring them back to full screen, but am wondering why this is happening in all of these applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-02-23 at 9.35.42 AM.pngHere is a screenshot of how far down the apps are shifting after waking up on my 27" Apple Studio Display connected to my Mac Mini M2 Pro running most current version of Ventura. All Adobe apps are up to date, as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me too after getting a new Mac with the M1 chip. Also, the adjustment panels don’t appear until I go to the window menu and select a panel— then everything shows up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so now have a new issue with PhotoShop and Ventura:  When I open a grayscale image, the file opens completely black. Resizing, trying to use any tool, or closing and reopening the file does not fix the problem (happens on many different files - not just one).  The only thing that I found that works is - I have to change the image to RGB, then change it back to grayscale. 

Anyone else have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Okay, so now have a new issue with PhotoShop and Ventura:  When I open a grayscale image, the file opens completely black. Resizing, trying to use any tool, or closing and reopening the file does not fix the problem (happens on many different files - not just one).  The only thing that I found that works is - I have to change the image to RGB, then change it back to grayscale. 

Anyone else have this issue?"

Nope, grayscale (a single-channel grayscale document) is fine under Ventura and the latest version of PS. 

Try disabling your GPU in preferences; any difference? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate