• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: New Export dialogue not remembering last used settings

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first of all the latest update is pretty awesome. There are some much wanted improvements. However I just noticed that with the reworked export as function the image settings are always reset to PNG. Previously it remembered what it was set to.

And, perhaps worse, previously the default destination was always the folder the PSD was inside. Which is pretty much always where I want the files to go. Now it remembers the last destination, which is almost never where the file is supposed to go. This costs me a lot of time... an option would be fine, because I'm sure some users love the new way of handling things.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019
Are you still seeing a problem in version 21.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update of Photoshop to Photoshop CC 2019 from a couple of days ago, caused several bugs within the "Export As.." tool. 

1. Export As - defaults to png every time, where it used to default to whatever format you had last used. That was really helpful and a time saver, now this ads a lot of time to the workflow.

2. Export As - defaults to exporting to the last export destination. It used to default to exporting where your psd was located, which made organizing a lot easier, especially when handling multiple projects at once. 

3. Export As - multiple sizes within a document (such as @2X, @1x, @tab, @mob) has several issues. 3.1: It is not resizing effects properly, effects and light leaks don't scale. 3.2: When leaving a blank suffix when setting up your export sizes, it defaults to adding the suffix to the file name; it used to just not add a suffix. This ads time to the workflow as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 bug: "File > Export > Export As" does not remember export-settings for each image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The engineering team is looking into this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution yet? I too find that Export As always defaults to DNG, which I NEVER use. Nor does it remember my settings for Quality or Embed Profile.

It's extremely annoying, as I use that feature almost daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop CC v19, when I used Export As (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-W in Windows), it would initially open with PNG as the export file format.  But after I exported a file and changed the format to JPG, then as long as I had that same session of Photoshop still open, every subsequent Export As would default to JPG file format.

But with Photoshop CC v20, that desirable functionality no longer exists.  Now, no matter what, every time I use Export As, it always defaults to PNG, requiring me to manually change it to JPG every time. 

I would like to see this work like it did in v19 once again.   (Frankly, I would like it even more if there was a way to set the default file format as a permanent preference for Export As.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you checked the Export Preferences you have set? You can set what format the Export As dialog defaults to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, has there been any movement towards fixing these issues? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still seeing a problem in version 21.0.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2019 Nov 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Update:
To Hugo M's question, yes I did change the Export As default in Preferences to JPG, but that did not fix this particular issue.  I think that setting affects only the 'Quick Export' (Shift-F4 in Windows) format. 

However, I recently updated to Photoshop 2020 (v21). 
[Aside: PS2020 is 'version 21'.  PS2019 was 'v 20', etc. -- kind of confusing.  Call it one or the other.  When I saw I had v20 installed, I thought I had PS2020!] 

Anyway, with the new PS v21, 'Export As' is now behaving the way it did in v19, which is good.  (My original post describes this.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate