• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Non-destructive blur for masking doesn't save correctly anymore

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the recent day's it work for me, so I think only the last update could cause it.
If I use in a common mask the "blur"-function in the property panel PS show's it correct. But if I save it and look in LR for it the blur-effekt isnt present. Also if I save it as jpg from PS or LR the blur is vanished.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
50 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2016 Feb 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (CC 2015.4) does not preview the TIFF (or PSD) correctly when feathering is used on layer masks.

The shot at the top is in Photoshop (CC 2015.1.2) with a feather adjustment layer to create the eye shadow and below is how the TIFF looks in Lightroom. It also exports exactly the same and has caused a major issue when I've exported all my edits only to find the images I've sent to clients do not look as expected. My only option it seems at the moment is to create a merged copy layer before saving the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As described in the title, when I bring a Tiff photo into Photoshop, create an adjustment layer (curves for example), apply a mask, then feather, the saved image in Lightroom does not show those feathered edges. Instead, they all look like they were applied with a brush at hardness 0.

Top image shows lightroom version, bottom image shows photoshop version:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto here.  Not being able to save in background really slows my workflow down!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me PS and LR CC latest version, Jeffrey's workaround works too, thanks a lot!
Hopefully Adobe can fix it in the next update... when I export jpg it's always from LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2016 Mar 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I have spent a lot of time trying to fix the same issue when the "Density" of the mask is not 100%, until I find that post. Unchecking "Save in Background" solved my problem. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2016 Mar 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Registering that I also have come across this issue as of yesterday. I reported it in the Photoshop/Lightroom forum https://forums.adobe.com/message/8595698#8595698 
I have now unchecked save in the background, so hopefully the error will now stop occurring. Thanks for the work around details. 
I hope they fix it soon because I feel safer knowing that I have auto backups happening in the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two months..... any timeline as to when we can expect to be able to be able to background save again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2016 Mar 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who haven't figured out a better temporary solution yet, as a last step before saves you can create a merge visible layer at the top so you can still retain background saves while creating a bit more hassle and larger files. Hope this is fixed soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images edited in photoshop (whether through the "Edit In" Photoshop option or a file manually opened into Photoshop, saved, and then imported into Lightroom) that have an adjustment layer with a mask that has been blurred using the layer mask feather property, is rendered in Lightroom without the feather and instead shows the original edge of the unfeathered mask. The rendering issues is present when that image is exported out of Lightroom and printed.

Lightroom version: CC 2015.5 [ 1067055 ]License: Creative Cloud
Operating system: Mac OS 10
Version: 10.10 [5]
Application architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 2.7 GHz
Built-in memory: 12,288.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 12,288.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 719.4 MB (5.8%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 2,003.7 MB
Memory cache size: 791.1 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 4
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX
Displays: 1) 1680x1050, 2) 1920x1080

Graphics Processor Info: 
AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine

Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Version: 4.1 ATI-1.32.25
Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 6770M OpenGL Engine
LanguageVersion: 4.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh see others posts on this issue so you can ignore my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update of Photoshop CC 2015.1.2 on OSX following bug appears
  • I am using a Layer Mask and change the settings "Soft Edge" or "Density" in the Properties panel of the Layer Mask.
  • In PS everythings looks fine, but if I place the file in InDesign the edge of the mask is hard and the density is 100%.
  • Saving the file as jpg or tif >>> same result
  • PNG and "Save for web" are working ...
Any ideas or common bug after updating?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2016 Mar 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you create clipping mask with feather edge in photoshop and place it to indesign clipping mask has sharp edges no feather effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Also, if it helps the diagnosis, I have feathered masks on separate layer adjustments and I can see both masks in Lr as a hard edge without feathering. I'm not sure if turning off background saves is the best solution if I risk losing work in progress. Turning off that preference also turns off Automatically Save Recovery Information Every: ... 

Thank you to the person that said the Adobe password also works here, I added my displeasure to the counter.

When I look for help from within the application it sends me to https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop. I wonder why the engineers hang out here rather than the help area they have programmed into the application.

Thank you to everyone for posting, I hope this will be fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2016 Apr 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you turned off »Maximise Compatibility ...«? 

»I wonder why the engineers hang out here rather than the help area they have programmed into the application.«
If you are unclear about the nature of the forums.adobe.com Fora please read this
http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-2325

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I save a jpg out of a psd and haven't merged my layers, all my feathered masks will be shown with hard edges in the saved jpg. (I am working with CC 2015.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2016 May 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Has path blur stopped working correctly for anyone else since the latest update (16.1.2). The selection handles are no longer attached to the direction line which makes it almost impossible to use this tool. It worked fine before the update. 

UPDATE
It appears as if all the blur gallery tools are faulty. Non of them work properly in the latest update. DO ADOBE EVEN READ THIS STUFF??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears as if all the blur gallery tools are faulty. 
Not to me (CC 2015.1.2 of Mac OSX 10.11.4). 

If you want to trouble shoot you may have to to provide more relevant information and maybe post some screenshots to illustrate what you are experiencing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did mention it was the latest update. 16.1.2. Update photoshop and then tell me if it is working properly. Please read the comment fully before responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2015.1.2 and 16.1.2 are the same version.
I would also recommend to post some screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will get some screen shots of what's happening and post them up. Currently I'm away from my Mac. If it's working for you guys ok, then maybe I need to reinstall it. Ill post them later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back and read first page of replies.  The official response tells you how to work around the problem and that Adobe is working on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve S, the official response doesn't work. I think that reply was for the original question. My question is slightly different, (it was merged into this section). Ive attached two screen shots. Path Blur and Spin Blur. The control handles on Path Blur should be attached to both ends and the centre of the line. (they are offset so selecting the control points is almost impossible once you start to move and manipulate it. The Spin blur handles are also offset, You can see the centre point is way off.  Its the same for the other Blur Gallery filters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Separate issue.

Please reference the new conversation here: Photoshop CC 2015.1.2: Blur path handles no longer attached to the direction line...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Restart photoshop and try again later. Hope this will help you. 
You can see this video for your work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWmza2lqr1I 

Votes

Translate

Translate