• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Not keeping size when pasting from Illustrator - Mac

LEGEND ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHOTOSHOP BUG: -- Photoshop CC (14.2 x64 Mac) fails to paste legitimate Illustrator document sizes in Photoshop. Prior to PS 14.2, whenever copying Illustrator items to Photoshop, the proper SIZE would always show up in creating a new Photoshop document. This extremely essential function has been REMOVED from Photoshop CC 14.2, and it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that this bug be FIXED asap!

The workarounds really do suck, and are a BIG waste of TIME.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014
This issue should be fixed in the 14.2.1 update: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/?p=...

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Illustrator are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a known bug that that we are testing a fix for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new update 14.2 for Photoshop CC, creating a new document from clipboard (copied from Illustrator CC) does not respect size or resolution.
Is there a work around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed in the 14.2.1 update: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/?p=...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to 14.2.1 and the fix is not complete.
The "Values not included in the saved preset will default to their last used value" does not work. When creating a new document, example 2" x 2" from the clipboard the default resolution is 72, changing it to 300 will create a smaller .48" x 48" which in the pass is normal, but deleting this smaller document and creating it once again from the clipboard will default back 72 resolution, it use to keep the resolution at 300.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. Still a problem here.

Software:
Adobe Photoshop CC 14.2.1 x64
Mac OS 10.9.2

Recreate:
* Create an .ai file in Ai
* Place as linked in Ps
* Set size in percentage
* Go to another layer (not sure if this is necessary)
* Go back to the layer of linked file
* Cmd + t and the percentage you just set is changed.

Setting an linked ai file to 65% changes by it self to 64,79% (width) and 65,28 (height).

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a completely different issue, and sounds like you have the snap to pixel preference enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I'll give that a go tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2014 Mar 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

May 24, 2015 May 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an ongoing problem that I have raised earlier, but I didn't get a usable answer, so here it is again: there was a time when I could copy an image or a section of an image in Illustrator to the clipboard, then switch to Photoshop, click on File/New, and get a blank box the correct size and resolution (300dpi) in PS to paste the Illustrator art onto. Note that I'm not talking about pasting into an existing 300dpi Photoshop file, but pasting onto a new space the correct size and dpi for that AI file. Can't do it for the last few years. I've tried changing the "resolution" in Illustrator, so that I know the AI file is considered a 300dpi image; doesn't matter. When I switch to Photoshop and hit "New" file, I get a dialogue box set at 72dpi, sized in pixels, and if I paste the AI image into it, it looks like kitty-kat puke. I tried setting AI to High resolution, then rasterizing the image in AI, also at High resolution, then cutting it out and sending it to PS: same 72 dpi kitty-kat puke. The problem, assuming that it is one, seems to be in Photoshop. I've tried changing the File Handling and Clipboard settings in AI ( SVG code, PDF and AICB), and "Resize image during place". No difference. Every single AI image I try to import into Photoshop by itself, that is, NOT into an existing Photoshop file already calibrated at 300dpi, the clipboard version that Photoshop pastes onscreen is the correct proportions, but at 72 dpi. Am I stuck with this situation and I have to just suck it up, is there a step I can take to make it work right, or am I simply doing something that was right in 2002 but wrong in 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

May 25, 2015 May 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, as of May 25, 2015, I just downloaded and installed PS CC 2014 release 2.2, the latest update, plus the latest AI update, and the problem is still there. No improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version Photoshop CC 14.2.2 and this issue still has not been solved.

I just moved from Photoshop CS5. In it, I used to be able to copy a file from Illustrator set at 300 px/in into Photoshop and when I opened a new document it would set the document dimensions to the contents in the clipboard. If the previous image was copied at 72 px/in then I would just hit OK to create that document, ignore it, and open another new document and then photoshop would recognize it as 300 px/in with the correct pixel dimensions. Simply changing the resolution from 72 to 300 px/in the first new document would reduce the pixel size which I did not want. After that Photoshop CS5 would remain at 300 px/in for all new documents. It was a small quirk but at least it gave me the correct dimensions.

Now however, when anything is copied from Illustrator CC 18.1.1, Photoshop CC 14.2.2 reverts the new document settings to the "clipboard" setting with 72 px/in and changes the units to pixels no matter what was there before. If I copy a raster image set at 300 px/in in Illustrator, and then in Photoshop try to create a new document, it will always revert to 72 px/in with the smaller relative dimension in pixels. Changing the resolution to 300 px/in does not appropriately increase the pixel dimensions. Hitting "OK" with the 300 px/in resolution to create a document and then creating a new document does not maintain the same resolution. It always reverts to 72 px/in.

There is a new "New Document Preset Resolutions" setting in the Preferences in the Units & Rulers section but it only affects new documents made with the native presets. The clipboard preset always reverts back to 72 px/in and pixel units.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I was told, finally, when I brought up this same issue (many times) a while ago, "It's a bug". It's a screwup in Photoshop. The workaround I use is just to bite the bullet and choose a known 300dpi file size, e.g., "US paper" from the presets in the "new file" dialogue, and slap it down, then crop the page. An extra step. So much for improvements in Photoshop. To make it worse, before that one moderator copped to "It's a bug", I was told numerous times that what I was complaining about was my own stupid fault because I didn't know enough about resolution in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Well, here it is Fall of 2015, I'm using PS CC 2015, and the bug still isn't fixed, guys. Looks like no one is paying attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate