• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Open dialog/window still visible when switching to Finder, etc.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I am working in Photoshop, and go to the Finder, theopen Photoshop window still stays visible (but not the tools or any of the openpalates), blocking most of the open Finder/Desktop windows, except that thelast selected open Finder window stays on top (which usually means the one thatcontains the last image I opened). So, when switching from Photoshop to Finder,I see one open Finder window, on top of open Photoshop document, on top of allother Finder windows (which means I can’t see much of them).

If I have no document open in Photoshop, the Home window doesnot do this. If I option click on Finder, Photoshop disappears as expected.

It also hogs the screen when going from Photoshop to Word,Outlook, Stickies, Preview, Chrome, Firefox, etc. Using an iMac 5K, 27”, late2015, macOS 11.13.6.

I had this issue on previous versions of Photoshop, and withCC 21.2.0 it is still there.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

This should be fixed in 22.x or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've asked engineering to take a look. A workaround is to click the Finder, or other application icon, in the doc to pull its windows to the front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2020 Jun 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeffrey.  However, if I click on Finder icon in dock, it seems to work, as well as for Word, Preview and Activity Monitor, but most other apps, it still responds the same way- Outlook, Chrome, iTunes, Notes, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be fixed in 22.x or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate