• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Patch Tool Functionality Issue with recent updates

Community Expert ,
May 18, 2016 May 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously this was a common technique I used and taught in many of my workshops. But since the recent updates, possibly 16.1, the functionality/process no longer works the same.

Here is a common sequence that is now missing.

1) Make active selection on a layer with a full image on it. (start with a lasso, marquee, whatever)
2) Using the move tool, hold option and drag a floating copy of that selected area 
3) While it's in this temporary state, "floating", Transform, distort, flip, etc, of that floating set of pixels 
4) Apply transformation (don't deselect), but while still floating switch to the patch tool. 
5) Set to destination, and push floating selection to area you wish to composite/blend into. 

Traditionally at this point, it would act like a patch tool push of pixels and blend into the target area as a nice composite but with the alterations it would apply with the modified appearance. This was great for taking one tree and making it many trees, clouds, street lights, etc...

But now, it just disappears...
No blend, no result, nothing.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
This issue should be fixed by the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1) update that was released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed by the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1) update that was released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi jeffrey, hi marc,

no it isn't. the content ist is still disappearing, the behavior is still different and not of any use.  i reported this first time oct 2015 (!). please watch the video linked here: https://adobe.ly/2rxiFuf

the technique is slightly different but the effect is the same.
i was in contact with:
russel brown
yuko kagita

and a lot of people from the german support which were not even able to reproduce the error. and the patch tool functionality issue is still not fixed three years later.

to be honest – i've given up hope. the alternate technique using the content aware move tool in copy mode does not allow all kinds of transformation.

fixing this would make me very happy.

thanks a lot
andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im having the same problem even with the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
sadly, no answers or solutions. as i said – first appearance for me was october 2015, nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate