• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Path stacking order behavior has changed

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2017. - The stacking order of paths does not behave the way it should after the April update of Photoshop CC 2017. What happened before:

I drag the bottom path to the top, and the path that used to be on top, is now the second path.

What happens now:

I drag the bottom path to the top, and the path that used to be on top, now changes position with the path I'm dragging, hence it is now at the bottom!

I work with many paths in my files and the stacking order is important, so me and others who use my files can easily find the right paths to use.

Now... I end up spending a lot of time rearranging the stacking order by hand, and I have no idea if this is a bug, a setting I can't find, or a new feature that cannot be changed. But it's increasingly becoming a problem in my workflow. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018
This issue should be fixed by the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1) update that was released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
8 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heleen:

I'm so sorry you're frustrated by this issue. I've confirmed it is indeed a bug in our recent release -- it was definitely working as you described as recently as CC 2015.5. So... I've logged a bug internally and we'll look at fixing this as soon as we can.

Thank you so much for posting this report. Please be patient as we work to address this issue.

-Eric Floch
Photoshop Quality Engineer

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The same thing is happening to me. I can tell which files I was working on before the update because their paths are all in the correct order. It's very frustrating and there's no workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel compelled to add how much I appreciated when, in the last year or so, we began to be able to select more than one path at a time and delete them all with one click. THAT is amazingly helpful. Kudos to the team for adding that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to see someone acknowledge the problem, before I start to think its was just me. 🙂
So far I have had no useful replies and have had to manage by putting long descriptions in the path names, and having to read them carefully. Really slows down the process.

Also, a feature I'd like to see added, is grouping paths. Being able to group my paths in the way we can group layers, would save me a lot of scrolling through paths to find the correct one.

But for now, I'd really like to see this stacking order problem fixed, it's such a pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've just installed the new 2018 release, rejoiced over the fact the path options have been looked at. 

... But the bug is still not fixed.

What's worse, my colleagues have been waiting to install their updates so far, because of this path stacking issue. They now upgraded to 2018, and thus, they now have the same issue as me.

...At least I can share my frustration with them now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue should be fixed by the Photoshop CC 2018 (19.1) update that was released today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed the update and can confirm the fix!
This totally made my day. Thank you very much, Photoshop team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Glad that fixed it for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate