Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Pen tool keeps reverting to "Exclude" mode

May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found what I think is a bug in Photoshop CS6. The Pen tool keeps reverting back to the "Exclude" boolean mode every time you select the Pen tool. In previous versions of Photoshop, the boolean mode stayed at whatever mode it was set at when no paths were selected. You can see a video of the Photoshop CS6 behavior at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RTHPz...

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013
This was fixed in 13.0.1. Now the Pen tool should remember the last path operation mode that was selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this on Windows 7 with Photoshop CS6 as well.

I hope for the sake of those who prefer settings to be modal that this wasn't an intentional design change. Photoshop is expected to remember your settings - that's a product-wide thing, and the reason for things like Reset Tool.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if it was intentional, if it was going to revert to something, it would make the most sense to revert to "Combine Shapes". Reverting to "Exclude" is bizarre and incredibly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, very frustrating to have to change the pathtool settings everysingle time.

I'm also having problems with CS6 just reverting back to default settings everytime i open it. I keep having to turn off Snap to and a few other things ... Not fun at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My experience with this issue so far is that the 'path operation' reverts to the exclude mode whenever I select another tool and then come back to the pen tool.

Choosing the combine shapes mode with no document open (which I thought might fix the issue) causes PS to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2013 Aug 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed in 13.0.1. Now the Pen tool should remember the last path operation mode that was selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great; now fix the problem wherein it's impossible to update to 13.0.x without having to delete and reinstall the whole program. That's what I and many others ended up having to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Are you on mac or windows? Many update errors are cause by 3rd party tools deleting or modifying required files: http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Votes

Translate

Translate