• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 2023 Corrupting Files

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if I sound a little frustrating but I'm starting to lose my faith in the program due to all the issues I've been having this year.

I've not had this issue at all until the latest update but it seems like Photoshop is corrupting files? It's happened twice since updating - at first I assumed it was some CMYK / View as "Insert Color Profile" but it's not. I can't share files due to NDA but it's happened twice where several layer colors were changed, background layers are semi transparent with bands on it, etc.

Help!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened again today, again with work I can't publicly post (NDAs) but this is beyond frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Photoshop version 24.1?
Go to Help - System Info , and copy patse here.

And What exactly is the damage to the image you are experiencing?
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-strange-color-box-with-data-loss/idi-p/130...
Is it similar to what I left a link? Or is it another case? Please record it with an image or a video and show it to us. I understand you're working behind closed doors, but with limited information, Adobe will find it difficult to help you. You can also reproduce the bug with a regular stock image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Scott,

Is this issue consistently reproducible?

Looks like you reported it against 23.x. Is the problem reproducible in the current version (24.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @J453 it just happened again in the latest update (Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b arm64) - so far the only thing I've noticed that initiates this bug is when I go to adjust a layer with Image > Adjustments > Hue / Saturation (via keyboard shortcut) - the minute I slide the lightness or saturation, it will jump as if I made it dark (even if I went lighter) and then I know the file is done.

@Jqqerry It doesn't look like that, basically the flat color selection gets messed up, I've provided the Photoshop team with images but can't post them here, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am quite uncertain Photoshop can not corrupt documents, but documents on any drive can be. 

You say "slide the lightness or saturation, it will jump as if I made it dark (even if I went lighter) and then I know the file is done." but are you saying after this, when you then save, the document is corrupted? 

Can you describe step by step what you are doing, for example:

Issue: 

• Photoshop version
  • OS

Steps to reproduce:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. ...

Expected result
Actual result

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog - I am very certain it can corrupt files as it has, 5 times in the last 3 weeks or so.  The corruption happens in the program. I don't save and close and then find out the next time I open, it is an immediate switch.

There is no specific reason I can find that "initiates" this corruption - the last two times being what I described in my previous post quoted below (tried to adjust to be a bit clearer): 

So far the only thing I've noticed that "initiates" this bug is when I go to adjust a layer with Image > Adjustments > Hue / Saturation (via keyboard shortcut) - the sliders don't act as they normally should (will usually jump super dark) - that is when I knew the file is "done" aka broken / corrupt.

To clarify "done" – I mean that I can see that the file is corrupt as the Hue/Saturation isn't functioning as it should. But I can't necessarily say if that is the ultimate reason.  I've sent my files, both before and after examples along with the PSDs to show what the results are like to @J453 - so they are looking into it (thank you!). 

Adobe Photoshop Version: 24.1.0 20221206.r.166 be4691b arm64

Mac Studio (2022) Apple M1 Ultra

Just to add to the conversation – after today's corruption, I ran Apple Diagnostics on my computer and it came back with no issues. And to add to that, I've not encountered any issues at all with any other programs outside of the ones happening in Photoshop. 

And for more background on myself, I'm an art director and illustrator who has been using Photoshop for 20+ years (15 years professionally) - I've never had these kinds of issues until now so I'm chalking it down to something related to M1 and Photoshop compatibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite asking for specifics, I still have no idea what you mean by corrupted or how you got to this unknown state. 

You came here for help; help us help you. 

I'll try again, asking you to describe what you are doing, what you expect and what actually happens:

Steps to reproduce:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. ...

Expected result
Actual result

And for more background on myself https://www.linkedin.com/in/digitaldog/

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive had exactly the same thing happen tonight multiple times on different files that were working perfectly well before the update.

On one file it happened when I merged two layers, on another, it did it when I Desaturated the layer. There doesn't seem to be a single cause. This is what it did, and what it should look like. Lost hours of work because even the previous save had the corruption in it. Tried a different file (made a copy first) and the same thing happened to it.

Paulychilds_0-1684537520291.png

Paulychilds_2-1684537728306.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Paulychilds ,

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing.  Can you please share your Help -> System Info here?  And if possible, the corrupted file?

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate