• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 21.1 Issues

LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2020 Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm migrating to W10, and installed Photoshop 21.0.3. It seemed to run more or less the same as on my W7 partition. So I updated to 21.1....  😕
Immediately I noticed issues.

Firstly, Creative Cloud desktop has bloated out hideously, adding approximately double the processes and ram consumption. Lots of new features and functionality...but none I really need.

Secondly, 21.1 takes about 2x the time to load, often displaying this odd bordered black image under the splash screen. (see attached)

The next issue I noticed is that sliders (in the Levels, Hue & Saturation, Color Balance panels etc.) no longer live update and only apply the change in value after the mouse is released! I can't find any preference to return to previous slider behavior (including dynamic color sliders pref). 
This makes Photoshop basically unusable to me now...I'm far to ingrained in my workflow.

Another issue (that may only be the way Windows 10 thing) is that Photoshop consumes 1 gig more ram at idle than on W7, and it doesn't release that memory on shutdown.

I am going to revert to 21.0.3 and hope for the best....

[EDIT]  Forgot to mention that the values sliders function normally on adjustment layers and in Camera Raw.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reverted to 21.0.3 and all slider behavior is back to normal...and that's installed with retained prefs from 21.1 (so at least it apparently isn't a corrupt pref file issue).

Boot time is also fine and the odd black window under the splash screen doesn't appear.

Ram allocation and persistence is the same as 21.1....so that would seem to be a W10 behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm. that slider behavior sounds familiar, but i thought it had been fixed.

Given that you've recently updated your OS, have you updated/installed your GPU drivers?

If a dev comes along, they're going to want you to post your specs... Ps>Help>System Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup my nvidia drivers are up to date. It’s an older Dell XPS machine but it still sliced and dices just fine for my needs. Reverting to 21.0.3 fixed the issues (even with the new portly Creative Cloud app installed) so that narrows it down to 21.1.
I’ve seen quite a few posts with similar issues with opacity sliders not working, brush resizing etc. Seems 21.1 just has some kinks to be worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Eartho, the slider behaviour has been acknowledged - https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/photoshop-21-1-0-layer-opacity-does-not-chang.... I too am seeing the same thing

Votes

Translate

Translate