• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.0: Where is Line Weight/Width and Pixels options?

Participant ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble using the Line Tool in PS 22.0.0. 

How do I set the width/weight of the line? In PS 21 there was a "Weight" option along the top bar, but I don't see that anymore. Am I missing it? Or did it move? 

This might be a separate issue, but the lines I'm drawing are not showing up. I have a fill color and stroke color selected, but when I make a line, I don't see it. I just see a blue outline of where it is... the same that might happen if I made a "path" instead of a "shape." 

I just need to make a line with a width/weight of 20px.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

The 22.3 update posted on March 10 contains the pixel mode for the line tool; I will personally go to the mat defending this tool and it's functionality if anybody at Adobe attempts to change this feature again. I'm a believer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Greetings,

Good news, the Pixels mode is now back. For more details on adjusting line weight see Create lines and arrows using the Line tool

To update Photoshop to 22.3, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know your feedback!

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 676 Replies 676
676 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 22.3 update posted on March 10 contains the pixel mode for the line tool; I will personally go to the mat defending this tool and it's functionality if anybody at Adobe attempts to change this feature again. I'm a believer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark_dahm 

Thank you Mark, I know it probably feels like you took some hits on this but I think I speak for a lot of us when I say the anger was intended for Adobe and not you as an individual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @mark_dahm ! I can't say enough how much we appreciate this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...that's great news 🙂 Good job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark_dahm Thank you very much Mark! These are great news!

I second completely what Jdearing paid, thank you for making our heard!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ghfjffdhgk, the pixel mode for the line tool is back as of 3/10. Sorry for the frustrating wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark_dahm Thanks. From the quick look I took, looks like it also works as it used to do, for creating a path. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mark.

What about the arrowhead sizing? Is there any hope for the percentage/proportional sizing option to return? If not, drawing lines with arrowheads will continue to require multiple steps to resize as desired. Which means I'll continue to use 21.2.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash Sharma
Thank you for returning this tool but I really hope lessons are learnt from this episode.
Off the top of my head, to whomever it may concern (+ with no disrespect):
1. Improve customer feedback/service. Right now its a joke.
2. Review any proposed changes for future release. What other terrible improvements are in the works? Does anyone actually want them?
3. Try to understand how professionals use the software better.
4. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.
5. Release an official statement and make it clear Adobe is listening and learning and something like this will not happen again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark Dahm (also posted above to Akash Sharma)

Thank you for returning this tool but I really hope lessons are learnt from this episode.
Off the top of my head, to whomever it may concern (+ with no disrespect):
1. Improve customer feedback/service. Right now its a joke.
2. Review any proposed changes for future release. What other terrible improvements are in the works? Does anyone actually want them?
3. Try to understand how professionals use the software better.
4. If it ain't broke. Don't fix it.
5. Release an official statement and make it clear Adobe is listening and learning and something like this will not happen again

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark_dahm Updating now. Looking forward to being able to use the latest version of Photoshop again. Thank you, Mark, and to everyone at Adobe for bringing this functionality back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hope is that Ps starts implementing what the Illustrator team has been doing for the past few years by asking the userbase for feedback about changes to tools, then beta testing the new workflows before release.
Here's a great example of that in action:
https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/191...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@patrickwilson

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Your questions are completely reasonable. We can do better in terms of executing changes faster; while we have come a long way, now with monthly releases vs. where we used to be a couple years back with quarterly releases, we still have room for improvement.

Predicting release dates is an unreliable and ultimately frustrating exercise for everybody; if you hear something like 'we're working on it', that's a better signal than 'we're considering this request'.

Again, thank you for your patience. I look forward to not repeating this same cycle again, for any feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*MITCHELL HUGHES, Pixels are in the house. 3/10 update. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that would be nice. And sorely needed.

I think that of the last few versions of PS,  I found a bug in at least half the versions I tried, within the first 5 minutes of regular use. 

Makes me wonder how (& if) beta testing is done nowadays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Back in NZ Yet 😞 why are we left out.

Bring Pack the Pixels!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark_dahm So glad it's back in! Thanks Mark for not abandoning the issue even with a bunch of very irate, very loud users dropping into this post on a regular basis. 

Glad you're defending the line tool! Sometimes the best tools are the simple ones!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark_dahm As one of the original posters to the thread I want to say thank you for your hard work on it and continued engagement. I have seen some emotions occasionally run high over the last few weeks and months but know that your efforts are greatly appreciated. I am looking forward to the return of the original line functionality. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKYOU!  Like many, I'm disappointed it took so long to fix and a little frustrated that this oversight could have happened in the first place, but ultimately just relieved and grateful that this extremely useful tool is back!  Looking forward to seeing all the other updates I have been missing out on due to not being able to update until now.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AkashSharma Thanks so much for the good news! Glad to have the pixel line tool back. My boss will greatly appreciate this update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mark, it took a long while but I'm really thankful for you keeping an eye on this.  Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@craig maxey If you are unable to hear or read about the opinions of others, you have the option to turn off your internet connection or your computer. Otherwise, take your hands off your eyes and open your mind; you might learn something! I see that you are very new to this forum. Please be aware that the expectation here is civility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@craig maxey , being new to this forum, you should also know that the expectation here is that anything vaguely polemic will draw a rebuke from @DGrainger . Just do what the rest of us do and draw mild amusement from it ;-D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mark_dahm Thank you so very much!! I appreciate it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I missing something.  While I seem to have the pixel option back I cant make the like have an outline like we used to?

Votes

Translate

Translate