• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 22.1.0 - Program Error using Spot Healing tool and using Select and Mask

Engaged ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeatedly ...even after restarting PS and/or rebooting laptop, I try to use the spot healing tool and incessantly get this popup:

"Could not complete your request because of a program error"

All I can do is click the OK button and then continue until a minute or so goes by and I get the same thing happening again. Another buggy update???

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Please install 22.1.1 which was released late last night. It contains a fix for program errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 121 Replies 121
121 Comments
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes ...the memory issue is that Adobe forgets they are taking $120 million dollars per month from subscribers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The massive problems with v22.1 are known for quite some time now (I would call it a public beta, not a final well-tested software).

But still it is

• officially offered as an update
  • installed continuously by unaware users
  • causing havoc for professionals who have to do productive client work on a deadline
  • wasting a lot of time and trouble to roll back to previous versions (settings are lost if just clicking on the button... [*])

I think, this speaks for itself. Adobe, look at what you have become with all this brave new CC world...

[*] Which, by the way, is kind of strange - given Adobe's history of wonderful & well thought out setting-synchronization between different versions and machines - isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vividly remember when a year ago (or so) liquify filter was completely broken with an 'update'. It caused a lot of desaster within the retoucher community...

So much for "Adobe learning from rolling out untested products"....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@JeffreyTranberry I'd like to added to the list, as well. I'm only having issues with the spot healing tool - and, strangely, only occasionally. I'm happy to use work-arounds until its fixed, but would love the update if you have one.

Happy New Year and thanks for the your help!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Adobe is no longer even responding to this thread just shows they clearly have no intention of giving even lip service to their loyal customers. I used to be amazed at how awesome the overall Adobe team was. Now I'm just amazed at how awful Adobe's management has become. Problems like this can't be blamed on the programmers.

Management has a responsibility for testing and they have abdicated that responsibility. Now they don't even have the guts to show their face on this thread. I think dark days are ahead for Adobe and our community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently working on some pictures for our contestant for Miss Universe 2021 I need to get done by this Sunday.

Very annoying bug. Last few months some updates created some very buggy behavior.

I do understand that new features can be buggy but major, much used tools like a tablet, healing,... should be tested thoroughly before the update is released otherwise it should still be released as beta.

Maybe 12 million people should stop using a legal version but a cracked one so the Adobe Management finally understands photoshop is a tool we need to earn our money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to test how futile all this is becoming, try the spot healing brush in Lightroom. It used to work ok, but with the latest release my system, with LR open and a photo selected ...shows 24% of my 16gb of ram is in use. If I use the Spot Removal Tool in LR, after less than 20 clicks, my system shows over 80% of my ram is now tied up. Nothing else open. How can programming be so bad that clicking 20 spots in Lightroom can eat up 56% (almost 9gb) of RAM.

It is getting as though the various teams at Adobe are competing against one another to see which can come up with updates that are the most destructive. Like most of you here, I've paid Adobe many, many thousands of dollars over the years. I am incensed at what they are doing to us.   

Unfortunately no other company has been able to come up with a catalog management and basic non-destructive photo processing system like LR. I'm sure the people generating the bugs we are experiencing are not the inventers of LR. They are merely apprentices tampering with something people who were far more dedicated to their customers, invented and they are supervised by people with no customer centric values, and who are even less technically qualified than the inexperienced programmers they direct.

The one thing that still shines is the Tech Support team. When called upon they do their level best, but it is clear they are hampered and frustrated by the same things we are. They can't fix the programming errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is so frustrating that I also just downgraded to version 21.2.4.

@Adobe, could you - at least - confirm that you are looking into this problem? And keep us updated? I do understand that problems occur, but please don't keep us in the dark!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now experiencing this issue while using the spot healing brush too. I tried uninstalling PS and reinstalling, but no luck. How do I fix this issue???

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would revert to a previous version as I did. There is no fix as of yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @psddweasel. Will do. I really hope they fix this bug soon. Seems to be a lot of grief over it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So long as you sign our NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) and are already paying customers, you will have access to our PreRelease versions, which are like beta versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So that means we keep paying you for a faulty piece of software and you want us to tell you the bugs in it.. The number one bug I am having is already explained by countless people why not just fix that and then lets see what happens..... I am now having the issue again. Who is paying me for lost time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please install 22.1.1 which was released late last night. It contains a fix for program errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jeffrey!  I am sure the team was working hard!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to wait until the community confirms the issue has been resolved. I had been on 22.1 and had to restore all my brushes, actions, etc. Then going back to 22.0.1 I lost everything ...and that was with Tech Support on my system.

I finally fixed all that a few days ago. So now I expect it will be a painful process again and I want to make sure it is worth the effort since 22.0.1 is finally working OK at the moment ...with the exception that the Lens Blur filter will not work on a Smart Objects layer as I've noted on a separate post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the new 22.1.1 fixed this issue? Since I downgraded to the previous version, I've been for the most part ok ( except for a cropping issue automatically being applied in Camer Raw). Anyone updated yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spot healing and healing brush are fixed but the blur gallery is broken. I have reverted back to v 22.01 which is the only version that seems to be fully working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously did my editing with Elements6. I am trialling Photoshop 2021. I can not edit with the healing brush.

Other tools don't appear to work either.

Definitely not an improvement. Not worth buying as it can not do the basic editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I previously used Elements 6 for my editing. I am trialling Photoshop 2021 and none of the tools work. Nor does their appear to be the range of tools I had previously. A step backwards I think. Will not be purchasing if this is an example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeffrey, thanks! Version 22.1.1 is working fine for me.

for J_Jay_Ladouceur, my actions were good after the update. I don't use custom brushes, so I can't say anything about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate