• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.0 crashes when trying to use touchscreen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system automatically updated to PS 23.0. Now the PS crashes when trying to zoom in or tilt the image by hand on the touchscreen. I tried to disable the graph

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Major facepalm moment and massive apologies!  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  In the meantime the workarounds are to either just disable and not use touch or disable the Spaces plugin by simply renaming it with a ~ 

If you disable the "Spaces" plugin then the crash goes away.
To disable rename the "Spaces" folder in Plugins to "~Spaces".
Change
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces
To:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\~Space

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Thanks @alanber I found your submitted crash log. I've asked engineering to take a look. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
138 Comments
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing on microsoft surface. Not getting a dialog box, just a hard freze that I need to close with the task manager. works fine until I try to pinch to shrink or move the photo with two fingers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@HannahGrace.Face Update to 23.0.1 it should fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User Thanks for submitting a crash log. Your issue is fixed by 23.0.1 update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Surface Book 3, the 23.0.1. update fixed the ability to gesture pan: left, right, up, down. But I'm still not able to pinch zoom in or out. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. It doesn't crash when I try to zoom, but it doesn't zoom in or out either... What's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any problems with pinch/zoom or any other gestures.

Dell 2-n-1
Windows 10 home
--
Regards,

Mark Erlenmeyer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone tell me where to find the spaces plugin im so lost

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I am using surface pro as soon as I zoom in or zoom out using touchscreen the menu bar disappears the brushstroke doesn't show when I draw I have to zoom in/out to see where I drew. I uninstalled and reinstalled creative cloud but the issue is still not fixed. It does not crash but only way to is to restart and have same problem in 5 seconds

photoshop issues.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ishas50966954 pinch zoom is working fine for me here on a Suface 4.

If you restore your preferences using this manual method does it work correctly?
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-updated my photoshop to the latest version 23.0.2 hoping the crash problem would be solved,  the pen pressure wasn't working. Once I tried to close the programme it crashed. The problem is not solved for me. I'm working on a windows 10 64-bit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm using Surface book 3, and the regular gestures pinch zoom doesn't work, I have to use the magnifying tool, and I can pinch zoom. If I don't use the tool, I can't do it. But the pan gestures work fine, no tool needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@gunesg2097698 You are probably seeing a different crash. However, I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html Start a new thread after you submit your crash with your email address.

@Ester6C2A Your issue has nothing to do with this thread. Please start a new discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2021 Nov 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't crash, so I can't put in the crash report. It just doesn't do anything. It ignores then pinch zoom, or pans. But it doesn't crash or anything. But when I use the magnifying tool the pinch zoom works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, I turned on windows ink , on wacom pen settings and now photoshop works completely fine. Before that, photoshop was freezing after a short while so I couldn't have a crash report. In the earlier versions, in order to have a better experience you needed to turn the "windows ink" off and put a little script in the plug-in folder. But in this version, I think they changed it. So my problem seems solved for now =  ) Thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate