• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.0 crashes when trying to use touchscreen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The system automatically updated to PS 23.0. Now the PS crashes when trying to zoom in or tilt the image by hand on the touchscreen. I tried to disable the graph

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.0.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.0.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.  

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Major facepalm moment and massive apologies!  We're working on getting a fix out ASAP.  In the meantime the workarounds are to either just disable and not use touch or disable the Spaces plugin by simply renaming it with a ~ 

If you disable the "Spaces" plugin then the crash goes away.
To disable rename the "Spaces" folder in Plugins to "~Spaces".
Change
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces
To:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\~Space

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Thanks @alanber I found your submitted crash log. I've asked engineering to take a look. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 138 Replies 138
138 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That workaround does the job and while I'm thankful for the quick response and temporary solution, I am really wondering how this could even happen in the first place? The use of touch screens, as in drawing tablets, touch and pen enabled laptops etc..., isn't exactly exotic anymore, especially among creatives which seem to be quite the core users of  Adobe Products. Is Adobe not testing with a reasonable range of such devices?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue with touch controls. Try to pinch zoom and it says an error occurred and closes put photoshop. Switched back to version 22.5.2 and it's working fine. Hopefully a fix will come soon. Thanks for any help. 

20211029_072008.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested workaround does work to allow zoom, etc. without crashing. However, it creates a weird bug where when I launch PS, other Adobe apps launch at the same time! The first was Acrobat Distiller, the next time I opened PS, Indesign also launched. Very odd, maybe something to do with the Spaces plugin being disabled?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like others, I'm just going to uninstall 23.0 and wait for an update. Bummer, the new features look really fun to play with but PS 2021 is a more stable touch experience for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently installed the newest version of PS... and it's near-unusable to me. I'm using a lot of Touch optiopns, gestures and on-screen menus via my Wacom CIntiq 16' Touch and whenever I try to doanything that involves more than one finger - zoom in or out, rotate, bring on-screen menus, etc. - Photoshop crashes instantly 100% of the time. 

This is an issue specifically with Photoshop - gestures work just fine with other graphic software and worked fine with previous versions of Photoshop I've had installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Is there a fix for this? I submitted a crash report as well. 100% need for our workfolow. Much appreciated! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a temporary fix for this posted in this thread.

Major facepalm moment and massive apologies! We're working on getting a fix out ASAP. In the meantime the workarounds are to either just disable and not use touch or disable the Spaces plugin by simply renaming it with a ~ If you disable the "Spaces" plugin then the crash goes away. To disable rename the "Spaces" folder in Plugins to "~Spaces". Change C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\Spaces To: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Required\Plug-ins\~...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help.

--
Derek Rodenbeck
Content Creator
*BostonDynamics*

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After attending the Max conference the last couple of days I was so excited to update my classroom lab to the new Photoshop. However, when I got half of my students to update, their Photoshop now crashes constantly. It doesn't matter what they are doing, it just crashes after using it for less than a minute. Please help as now my lab is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue and it's crashed multiple times. Is there a fix yet for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulte14od0158yxn You have an enterprise support plan. You can open a case through your admin console for Creative Cloud.

Is your system crashing? I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from your email address in our system.

If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html If one of your students submits a crash, you can shoot me their email address through a direct message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix has already been posted here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thsi fix does work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I redownloaded the previous version for now. Exact issue. 😞 Will they be coming out with an update soon? 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround works for me, which is great!

In fact...PS seems to be working just fine without this "Spaces" plugin. What does it do? Can I just keep it disabled forever, reduce the PS resource load?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Looking forward to a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your students are hitting the issue mentioned in this thread. See the correct answers at the top for workarounds. You can also roll back to 22.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the workaround for renaming the Spaces folder fixes the issue for me, I am sure all the other people who haven't bothered to find this thread would appreciate an official fix ASAP from Adobe via a CC update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having an issue with the new updat3ed photoshop closing in the middle of working? It gives an error message and you have no choice but to click the box and it shuts down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are seeing the issue in this thread - see the correct answer at the top for workarounds until an update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!
l want to use PS (CC) on my Surface Pro 7. Sadly the program crashes everytime I touch the image area with my finger. E.g. choosing the tool on the left and navigating through the top menu works well with finger touch. Image drawing with the surface pen also works fine. So it seems to be only touching the image with a finger (no matter which tool selected) not working.
Anyone else? Does anybody know how I can fix this?
Thanks, best regards,
default310ifwhai1l0 🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
It seems that no matter what I do, when I want to use Wacom touch on the 2022 version of photoshop, it just crashes, disactivated graphic processor but now when I want to rotate or Zoom with my fingers, It just act like a left click.
Would love some help, I'll be using the previous version till then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is help. There's an easy temporary fix that works posted here in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the top of the page. A temporary fix has already been posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new PS version will not allow me to use my Wacom Cintitq Pro. As soon as I zoom in or out with my tablet it crashes 100% of the time. Also, Having the Ps window open in my second monitor causes a lot of funny things to happen. For example, when on google chrome on my other monitor, I cannot type on my keyboard because it appears to access shortcuts like opening up a save window, etc. eventhough Ps is not being used/active. I did the troubleshooting by resetting my preferences, as suggested, but that didn't work. I updated all my drivers as well (GPU and Wacom). I did notice that by going to preferences on Ps and unchecking the "use gestures" my tablet no longer crashed Ps, but the zoom feature was still not working properly. I reverted back to Ps 22.5.2 and it all works perfectly. Shame that I spent my whole day with this headache due to a buggy release of Ps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate