• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.0. Proof colors and rendering intent preview does not work - Windows

Guide ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When adjusting Convert to profile options in RGB document, the preview does not actually show the color change when the rendering intent is changed. They become available only after applying the profile.

The Proof colors preview also does not show the actual color changes - you can endlessly switch settings in the window and there will be no changes to the image. To see the simulation of the profile, you need to enable / disable Proof colors.

Tested on two different computers (win 10, win 11, both with the latest updates and updated drivers). I reset the Photoshop settings - it did not help. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
36 Comments
Community Expert ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hikan, "sorry my Bad english.

window tab -> arrange -> New window for .psdc ->

view -> proof setup -> custom ->sGray

I wanted to see sGray only new window, but Both changed together(same time).

Did i wrong setting?? what is the problem i have???"

It works fine for me Phoshop mac. v 22.5.2 - I go to "window/arrrange/new window for test-image" and with both images open, I select one for softproof. The other stays in colour.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 18.06.39.jpg

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like a bug?

you should be able to post that as a bug report here: 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop

It works in 22.5.2 when I test here, but I guess you knew that

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It works in 22.5.2 when I test here, but I guess you knew that"

Ditto, no issues now that an update is tested. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In new Photoshop, when you open  two windows of the same document, and aaple Ctrl Y to one of them ( look as grey scale), It works for both windows. So we get two grey image. 
In 22 version you could leave one grey one colour in the same time. 

Really, Adobe developers, do you think before do something with you products? Could you add functions what people need instead of spoiling old products? 

Where is settings and interface sinchronization, but inmstead you added NFT to Behance, wooohoo. Look at us we added more bugs that create more bug fixes.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"In new Photoshop, when you open  two windows of the same document, and aaple Ctrl Y to one of them ( look as grey scale), It works for both windows. So we get two grey image. 
In 22 version you could leave one grey one colour in the same time. "

Command Y (on Mac) toggles the soft proof. You would see gray scale IF you had your Proof Setup set for such a profile and thus soft proof. If I duplicate a window (Window menu>Arrange>New Window:Document name) I now have as you state, two windows of the same doucment. Using Command Y (Mac) only one shows the soft proof which is how it has always worked; you get in such a case, a 'before and after' preview: the original document soft proofing in its Working Space and the duplicate window that is foremost, soft proofing. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doeesn't work on PC as I said, and I don't care what is going on on Mac.
But it works on PS 22. 

Fix bugs and stop develop the program if you don't know what to add. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem still exists. it's annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,  

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.1. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating  

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected and share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Now make online synchonization for all settings, interface, hot keys etc. That people won't needed set it every time from the beggining. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ora funziona bene, grazie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

我在11月18日就给中国区的人发了邮件,他们说不太清楚这个问题,然后要给我转到美国那边。一直到现在也没有得到回复,期间还有录视频给他们。不过刚刚我更新了23.1,这个问题已经得到了解决。

Votes

Translate

Translate