• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.0 - "preset sync error message"

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing the latest CC Update 22? I am getting the following error message in Photoshop.

"Something went wrong while syncing your presets. Please try to restart Photoshop to recover."

I have restarted about 5 times, including a full cold boot restart but that has not fixed it.

Essentially it is preventing me from using Photoshop because the error message keeps poppin up.

I am using Windows 10, latest update, but not 11.

Surely, someone else has seen this error message. any ideas??? Mike

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.  We are working on the root cause of this issue. 

If you error appears frequently or interrrupts your work, the suggestion is to turn Preset Sync off. 

Please follow the steps below:

1. Ensure your machine has internet connection.
  2. Close Photoshop on all machines.
  3. If you haven’t done so, back up your presets. Copy preset files from Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings folder to a safe location (Brushes.psp, CustomShapes.psp, Gradients.psp, P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Turning off Preset sync is not a fix!

I already submitted my Logs via log collector.

• I solved this by uninstalling PS (delete settings) then deleting all relevant PSv23 settings in user/appdata/roaming/Adobe/Photoshop(Largest version)
  • Reboot.
  • Reinstalled and its working normally apart from some pre-existing bugs that I still need to report (when I have time).

Votes

Translate

Translate
65 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And my error code returned today 😞  Luckily I chose not to delete the 2021 version so I'm using it for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing.  We are working on the root cause of this issue. 

If you error appears frequently or interrrupts your work, the suggestion is to turn Preset Sync off. 

3. If you haven’t done so, back up your presets. Copy preset files from Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings folder to a safe location (Brushes.psp, CustomShapes.psp, Gradients.psp, Patterns.psp, Styles.psp, Swatches.psp).
    MAC: /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings
    Win10: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 202X\Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings
  4. Launch Ps, go to Preferences > General and uncheck Preset Syncing. Click OK.
  5. When asked if you want to keep the presets in the cloud, user can choose Yes (keeps presets in the cloud and counts toward Library quota) or No (removed presets from the cloud).

Please note that uninstalling, reinstalling and downgrading to a previous version will not solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. If you haven’t done so, back up your presets. Copy preset files from Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings folder to a safe location (Brushes.psp, CustomShapes.psp, Gradients.psp, Patterns.psp, Styles.psp, Swatches.psp).
    MAC: /Users/<user>/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings
    Win10: C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 202X\Adobe Photoshop 202X Settings
  4. Launch Ps, go to Preferences > General and uncheck Preset Syncing. Click OK.
  5. When asked if you want to keep the presets in the cloud, user can choose Yes (keeps presets in the cloud and counts toward Library quota) or No (removed presets from the cloud).

Please note that uninstalling, reinstalling and downgrading to a previous version is not a valid or alternative solution for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I will give this a try tomorrow when I have the time to devote to the problem. I'll let you know if it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry - I completely forgot to mention this in my earlier post! I also turned off Preset Syncing too when I installed the new version and I guess that this was the reason (apart from free space to install it!) that it worked for me 🙂

I have been running both versions now with no problems whatsoever on Windows 10 - even my libraries syned-up fine and like I said, I manually added all my Brushes, Actions, Patterns etc (which I had saved to another drive and do this every couple of weeks to a folder simply named: PS Preferences)

Good luck to everyone with this issue . . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Indeed...that was the issue.

Perhaps just as a customer service notification with Adobe, when this window does pop-up, there

can be a quick direction stating something like:  "This feature can be turned off in your Properties....etc"

Glad we all figured this out and thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!! Yep, that was the problem. Appreciate the help. And thanks to all the others who helped as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only seeing this today AFTER I did that latest update TODAY that I guess was supposed to fix this bug. All my presets brushes and everything are GONE and I'M STILL GETTING THE ERROR? Anything I can do? I keep clicking to get it to go away is the only way to even get into photoshop but all my goodies are gone so it's useless. thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @tinah26585253 , I'd like to make sure I understand the issue. Preset Sync was ON on your computer. Swatches, Gradients, Patterns, Shapes, Styles and Brushes panel had presets. Photoshop was closed. You upgraded to a newer version of Photoshop and when launching, the error message "Something went wrong .." appear and now all the preset panels are empty. 

Can you confirm the statement of the issue is correct?

What is the operating system you are working with?

What is the version of Photoshop that you upgraded to?

Can you please run logcollector on your machine and share the logs? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the error message is preventing me from doing anything I can not change the preferences 

This beyond frustrating as I have a very important project due Wednesday. Photoshop is not working is an unacceptable excuse to have to give a client which is how adobe should feel when this has been happening for awhile and has not been corrected

AnnyLaurie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Give PS a chance to go ahead and load even though the error messages are appearing. Just keep clicking the ok button on the error messages and they will eventually go way and PS will finish loading. It may take a few minutes, at least it did for me. Once it appears to be stable with no more error messages, then go ahead and bring up your preferences and uncheck the sync button. PS should load normally after that. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I agree with #johnhanlon @Johnhanlon   Just take a breather, go back to initally unchecking preferences after the error messages go away, then you should be fine.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grrr.  I can't even get into my preferences.  The only thing I can do is open and close with Task Manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  That allowed me to get in! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had this issue since the more recent Photoshop updates.  It doesn't prevent me from working in P.S.  Does this affect any of the presets available in any way?  For example are all my brushes available?  They appear to be ok. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jennifer,

Once the preferences are unchecked you should be fine. I haven't found anything missing or not working as it should. All of my brushes and other items are there and work fine. Once PS is open you're good to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 08, 2022 May 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much more should consumers pay adobe in order the get resolution to a recurring problems that continue for years?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 months in and I'm still dealing with this issue. Does anyone have a solution. I tried doing the work around that was suggested but it still didn't work. The best solution I found so far, is to use a much earlier version of Photoshop (2018 to 2020) because aside from bugs its still a whole stablier. Does anybody have an update on the progress of solving this issue for the latest version of Photoshop 2022 or solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used the work around on both of my laptops and it works just as it did on my desktop. I don't know what else to suggest at this point other than getting on the Adobe help line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These problems are beyond inconveniences; they cost time and money. Work arounds are NOT solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being kind and respectful goes both ways. Is it kind and repectful to collect monthy fees for over 9 months for a semi-functional application? An adobe update caused this problem and now adobe kindly and repectfully requests that a user (x26M) spend his or her time troubleshooting the problem.

Based on past experience this may go on for years. Theft is definitely not kind or respectful behavior. When will Photoshop users see a compensation offer from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still getting the "Something went wrong while syncing your presets." message even after undating Photoshop to v23.41 yesterday. It's quite annoying having to keep sync presets constantly turned off.

I've been getting this error message since early 2022, so when will Photoshop provide users with a solution please?

Thanks,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message: Preset syncing is in progress. Once syncing has completed Photoshop will quit. Photoshop NEVER quits. Meaning this is another Adobe scheme designed to waste time for thousands of people. #adobetimesuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot see how to add a comment to this thread, so I hit the reply button to add my frustration:

I noticed that my list of brushes and patterns were getting longer and longer with repeats of each one.  I think this is because every time I open PS I get this message - Something went wrong while syncing your presets.  Please try to restart PC to recover 

I uninstalled and reinstalled PS.  I restarted PC and checked brushes and patterns - all okay with just a single list for each.  I added legacy patterns and brushes to each.

I shut down and restarted my PC again - when PS opened I had the same message as above - Something went wrong... so I hit the OK button (I had to do this  several times) and PS opens.  But when I checked the brushes and patterns once again everything is being repeated several times over!  I've attached a screen print below.  If anyone can help I would be extremely grateful. Thanks everyone - Jules

Votes

Translate

Translate