• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.2.2 Can't open/update vector smart object in Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just today, I updated to macOS Monterey and now I am having problems opening vector smart objects in Photoshop files. If Illustrator is closed, when I double click the smart object (or choose edit contents) Illustrator will launch but the file will not open. 

If Illustrator is open and I try to open the smart object, I get a Mac error window that says "The application "Adobe Illustrator 2022" can't be opened" with a -1703 error code. 

I'm using Photoshop 23.2.1 and Illustrator 26.0.3, which I went back to after seeing the problem first occur in 26.1. 

The computer is iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch 2019  |  3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9  |  macOS Monterey 12.3

Thanks in advance

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

This should be resolved in macOS 12.3.1 that just went out.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 234 Replies 234
234 Comments
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your Monterey with the last update it should fix your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualiza el sistema operativo a 12.3.1 o superior (no sé por qué versión anda) y se soluciona. Suerte!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's stupid workflow idea doesn't work for any professional. I work off a NAS/DAS via thunderbolt as half of all jobs are video using Premiere Pro and After Effects. I've been doing this for years with no issues until recently. It could be a Monterey issue, but it's only happening with photoshop for me, so I think it's a photoshop programming issue. I'm running a QNAP TVS872XT NAS/DAS via thunderbolt. Access from all other adobe apps is fine, so photoshop is the only app with a problem. Not just DNG for me, also ARW and PSD. Running Monterey 12.3.1 on a MacStudio M1 Max. Photoshop 23.3.1

The Adobe clown who recommended this workflow should be looking for another job, as they need to be fired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That WORKED for me! THANKs a lot!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workflow has been recommended for decades from Adobe. They have no control over anything to do with hardware connections to an external source. Anything can effect it - OS, read/write speed, etc.

This is totally a MAC OS issue, not Adobe. You'll have the same/worse issues trying to access Microsoft documents (especially Excel) on a network connection via Monterey.

The root cause is the Mac OS Finder is not releasing connections from your local software so it thinks its in use by another user. You can force quit your Finder and viola! it now works. Nothing to do with Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a vector smart object in Windows. I follow the steps in the lecture for the course but when I double click an .ai file I don't get a "This document has been modified outside of Adobe Illustrator" and so if I did get this message I can press on OK and then Illustrator will open and I can go on with the course. Anyone else in Windows have this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Vesna2822407553er your issue is different than the OP.

It would be best to post a new question to the forum and include your Specific Photoshop Version, OS Version, and your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone confirm that this issue has been fixed with the latest macOS 12.3.1 update from what I've read people are still having the same issue even when they've updated there MacOS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2023 Sep 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consegui resolver!!

• Pegue um arquivo .ai e dê Cmd+I (Obter informações). Vá em "Abrir com" e defina como Illustrator para .ai. Provavelmente está para abrir como o Illustrator Beta. Troque para o Illustrator que você está usando. Seleciona "alterar tudo", dê o Ok e fecha. Agora já pode utilizar tranquilamente esta função no seu Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate