• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.2 crashes on startup with Adobe Design To Print plugin installed - macOS

Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing will enable it to run, uninstal and reinstall with no plugins, running on Mac OS 12.2.1.

Previous version installed and runs perfectly.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Hi @nancyeloc

We have also released an update for the plugin which you can find at:

1. Launch Creative Cloud Desktop App.
  2. Go to Stock & Marketplace>Plugins>Manage Plugins
  3. Update button is highlighted with Adobe Design to Print Plugin, Select it to update the plugin.

You can choose to uninstall it from Creative Cloud Desktop App with the following steps:

1. Launch Creative Cloud Desktop App.

2. Go to Stock & Marketplace>Plugins>Manage Plugins

3. Click on the 3 dots pop-up menu for Adobe Design

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Kindly update to Photoshop 23.3 version, as we have fixed the crash in the same.

Also few users have responded that no crash has occured for them with new update.

If you have Adobe Design To Print plugin installed, then it is also one of the reasons for the crash on launch.

Please update the latest version of the plugin from Adobe Exchange, which in turn will prevent crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate
43 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After latest Photoshop update it crashes while trying to open!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for submitting some crash reports! Engineering is looking into this issue.

Best bet until we're able to release an update is to roll back to 23.1.1. Instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cathy, I just want to report I have the same exact issue, with the same system you're using. I went through hoops yesterday speaking to tech-support on the phone, only to get advice about trying to update my graphics driver. That's not how the Mac operating system works, if there's an update on that it will come automatically in the Software Update.   Did you ever find a solution? They told me this was not a known issue but it certainly sounds like it, so someone else with a similar problem in the forum. I don't know if that person has the same operating system. Hope so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering has some indication it might be a 3rd party plug-in triggering the crash. The other workaround to try is hold down the Shift key on start-up, click "Yes" to skip loading 3rd party plug-ins.

It would be nice to get a list of installed plug-ins. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe by phone. It turned out to be plugins that were the problem. The gentleman who was working with me took over my screen and I could see what he was doing, he was also explaining. The only plugin there was Adobe design to print, which I never got to work right anyway. Once he got rid of that everything worked fine. Complements to the tech helping me. He was very thorough and stayed on the line with me until I had opened and used Photoshop several times. I did see another person in the forum with the same problem and posted my results there. It was frustrating but I had a good outcomne.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I tried installing again but just crashes each time I open with no plugins installed.

23.1.1 is working fine with plugins reinstalled too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried removing the preferences. I opened it back up and it still crashed on start up. I have downgraded, so I'm going to leave it until there's more clarity on what might be going on, it seems as if some people had success by removing the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extensis Suitcase and Exposure Eye Candy 7 were only plugins but its happening without them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just saw your post. I'm glad it worked out for you. I actually tried to remove the preferences and turn them back to default, but I still have the problem at start up, so since it was default preferences there wouldn't be any of those other things I might have had added. Glad yours is fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, is this a known issue? Unfortunately, I have the same problem on the latest version of mac. When I worked with a tech-support person they told me that I should update my driver and contact Apple. This didn't make sense because my driver update is included in my latest System update. I'll tried this again, this time I removed the preferences as other people have done and it worked for them, unfortunately even with the default preferences I still have a problem. I downgraded but I'd really love to know what's happening . I have course rather not just spin my wheels with tech-support for hours. Maybe you could pass this on to the engineers.   These are my specs: thanks!

This is my system. .jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Do you have a plug-in or panel called "Adobe Design to Print"?

Full system info would be most helpful.  Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to reply to your email but the mailbox is full error... I have had Adobe Design to Print in the past but not installed at present

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 23.2 crashes with MAC OS 12.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled photoshop, reinstalled, tried going back to an earlier version- nothing. Started, restarted a zillion times. My deadline is approaching and I can't work! yikes- what's going on?

Can't launch photoshop- it opens for a second or 2 then crashes immediately.

using imac late 2015 w monterey 12.2.1 and latest photoshop cc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale setting somewhere:
Restore your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
Does it work correctly?
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.
If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to MACOS Monterey 12.2.1. Since then, Photoshop 23.2.1 crashes upon opening. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I can't open anything or change any settings in the app as it quits almost the moment after it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried it out, thanks- nope still crashes exactly the same way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, Illustrator and bridge are working fine, it's just photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Oddly enough, 23.2 was working fine, albeit curiously laggy at times, until I updated it today to 23.2.1. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, restarted the computer several times, refreshed my accessibility settings, took it back down to 23.2, and even then it continued to crash. Thinking it may be an operating system issue, I even updated from Big Sur to Monterey, but the problem persisted. The only thing that fixed it was taking it back down to 23.1.1.

One strange observation I made is that after trying to launch 23.2.1, I heard the fan come on on my iMac, which is something that never, ever happens. It must've been working extra hard to try to resolve whatever conflict there was. 

Whatever it is, I hope they get it sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@schaubbie2004 I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had "Adobe Design to Print" plug-in installed, doublecheck that there are no remaining components installed using the manual uninstall steps below:

1. Close Adobe Photoshop, if running
2. Delete Extension
Go to /Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/ and delete ‘com.adobe.designtoPrint’ folder
Or
Go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CEP/extensions/ and delete ‘com.adobe.designtoPrint’ folder
3. Delete Plug-in and Generator folder
Go to /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2022/Plug-ins/ and delete ‘Generator’ folder and AdobeDesigntoPrint.plugin
Perform same steps for other Adobe Photoshop CC versions.
4. Delete FBS folder
Go to /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe Design to Print and delete ‘FBS’ folder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

After you submit a crash with your email address, try roll back to 23.1.1. https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.2.1 update seems to have fixed it for me anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crash report says it's submitting it to apple, not adobe. I followed directions and the adobe crash reporter is on., but I'm not getting it, just the apple one. I can copy it into a text edit file...where do I send that?

Votes

Translate

Translate