• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.2 freezes on macOS while changing layer styles/opacity on a PSB file

Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using macOS (latest version) on an iMac Pro. Changing the opacity on a PSB freezes up the program for 5 to 10 minutes at a time where you cannot do anything in the program. No spinning beach ball, just stuck on the arrow with no ability to cancel, exit, or do anything. Just started after I updated. Super wierd, but problematic. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

This issue should be addressed by the 23.2.1 update that went out early this AM.

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
81 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aktually, for those with a body of work from this century—efficient is best.
By @salty31337

Actually, some of us here have actually been working with Photoshop this and last century (32 years); from a few months after it was actually released.

And we actually know how to fix many issues within PS and other applications, products, and so forth.

I think some people enjoy complaining almost as much as they enjoy doing nothing about it. 

Enough said.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue on windows here

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting preferences manually worked for me. PS 23.2.1 was incredibly slow to do anything. I did the process where you hold down cmd, opt and shift and restart PS. The dialog about deleting preferences came up. I clicked Ok. PS has behaved properly since then. MacOS Monterey, 12.2.1 on 2017 iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2022 Mar 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the upgrade, but now, my Photoshop ask me for a RAM memory... can u help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you paying $50 a month – that's for the whole Creative Cloud suite – for Photoshop the Photography Plan costs around $10 a month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because I use Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere, and am exploring Substance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate