• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.3 is slow and heavy

Enthusiast ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Photoshop version is very slow.

(It was fast and accurate until version PS 21.0.3, and the problem began after that)

1. Hand tool(=press space bar) and move area is slow (ofcousre disable panning)

2. liquify zoom(There is a delay once when zooming in more than 50%. Unconditionally, Version 21.0.3 is smooth no lag)

3. layer toggle visable slow (Ctrl + ,) its React one beat slower. (This part until version PS2015.5. 2015.5 is really fast and smooth everything. Check this.....)

I don't know why if I have to pay my monthly subscription and work harder.

Some say. Don't update it unconditionally, report people's reactions.

Yes. i do, and i did.
Always leave the previous version and update to the latest version. But I always use the previous version. It is now 2022. Until when should my working environment stay in 2015.5 Photoshop or 2020 Photoshop?

I've done dozens of reinstallations, and I've done dozens of computer formats. Regardless of the type of computer, this was a problem with the Photoshop version. It wasn't even a plug-in problem.(disable native canavs thing is already try... 😃 )

It's not abut my pc. 
I tested it on everyone's computer I know and I got the same conclusion.
(Ryzen5600x, 5900x, intel 12900k, imac, m1 mini ... etc all the same)

CHECK this , and fix Please. How many more years should I wait...?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 131 Replies 131
131 Comments
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. I tested it again, it's still slow. And I'm on a high end PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked up many posts on Facebook and Reddit and wrote them myself.
After reading the comments, I tested it myself...
2015.5(17.0.88) and 2018(19.1.1), 2019(20.0.6) is safe and fast version.

2020(21.0.3) what writer's version no good to me...

The problem I'm experiencing is similar to the text, but I'll write it down.

a. Use Move(hand) tool, The screen is slightly shaky with a delay. Shake is seems like a bug in a Wacom tablet.

When I move, it breaks off and moves, and as soon as I put the pen down, I shake a little unconditionally at the end. It's very annoying.

b. In Liquify, you can Zomming many ways. But Regardless of how you use shortcuts, click the mouse directly, or use the tablet, it inevitably lags once you have a 50% or more magnification, as the writer says. After loading, it will be expanded more than that. To prevent this, you must select some areas to run the Liquify. This may work if you work on a small part, but it doesn't work when you modify the entire area of the picture.

Adobe, please solve this quickly. A lot of people are allowing it to be hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I was waiting for this to be fixed with new updates. But nothing has changed so far. 

The problem that I have is when trying to move canvas with hand tool it starts to twitching. Resolves only by restarting photoshop. It starts to annoying me when I need to retouch huge numbers of photo. Insert link with issue below. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wufBEqMJXs

My PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X

RAM: HyperX DDR4-3200 16384MB

Video: MSI GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER GAMING X

Windows 11 (licensed, updated)

Photoshop (updated to 23.3.2)

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Adobe will suggest this way to you.

1. Turn off G-sync

2. Disable GPU

3. Turn off Multi thread or GPU Comp.

4. Turn off Native Ruller, Native canvas

Unfortunately, these problems often appear to me, and there was no way to solve them.

There are a lot of delays and various bugs happening in the Photoshop version this year, including the twitching shown in your video....

Let's wait together. This is not our fault. It's not a computer specification issue, it's not an OS issue....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the answers on the Adobe Forum and tried to activate/disable various options, but the problem was not solved.
Just in case, I installed the 23.4 beta version and tried it, but the liquify zoom is still broken. Are they looking at us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the fix plan for this problem? Liquify has been broken since this year.

It's pain to have to wait every time you zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a hard time with this Dealy and lag in liquify and I did A couple of things tests.
Size based on the long side of the image. 8bit test, not16bit

2000px image - fast. no problem. But most of them make this small size by doing the last resize for the web. In actual retouch work, these sizes are meaningless.
4000~5760px - There's a delay. In the case of 2000px, if it feels like the image is loaded as soon as you run the liquify, it takes a little time. It feels like something's wrong. And the size of the image is actually small. DSLR images from early 2010...?
7000~8000 - There are huge lags and delays. Especially when zooming in more than 50 percent, have to go through a lot of loading. And most cameras have this size of an image.

Someone will say this. That your computer is bad.
And that's not true. And this delay in liquify didn't happen until last year.
Even the giant photographs taken in a special medium-sized Hasselblad, not in a regular Dslr, were able to zoom really quickly and smoothly. It's just the Photoshop version, but if it's lagging, it's definitely a bug, right?

Looking at the comments in this article, it seems that many people are experiencing this.

https://youtu.be/_2AVURsofQg

Same as this video posted by the writer of this thread.

Half of the year has already passed since the photoshop2022 version started. A lot of time has already passed and I am suffering for a long time. Quick repair is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 12900k + 3090 Nvidia + 64GB, still slow on zoom in liquify. It's a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

56.jpg

Cpu12900k Extreme performance overclocked 5.6ghz with Rtx3080 + DDR5 64GB

Despite all this extreme performance, the liquify is broken.

The interesting part is the following.

My desktop might be a problem, so I tested another computer.

2014MBP (for just tethering, old one) and Current Best machine that Mac Studio with M1ultra

HOWEVER SAME LAG

Isn't it strange that the 2014MBP and the latest intel extreme overclocking computer and m1 ultra are equally slow?

I don't do liquify with 2014MBP. And of course it can be slow because it's an old computer. But this isn't right Honestly...

If you're take retouch portrait works in Photoshop, one of the most popular features is "Liquify"

And there are times when i don't zoom in with a big brush, but there are few cases like that. Most of them zoom in. But it's really hard to wait every time i zoom in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still staying at Photoshop 2018. When I see bugs like this, I'm scared to update.....................
That's a big problem that if there's a delay in the basic functions that I use so much.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still broken.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gpu3090 same slow...Do I have to buy a supercomputer now? lol...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cnn24501002ncqw  I don't think you read all of the thread...
People (including myself) who are experiencing this delay in this thread have already tried all the solutions that Adobe offers and have come to the same conclusion. This is not a configuration Setting turn on/off or hardware issue.
Defects in the current Photoshop version(23.3.2) and cannot be improved by customers who are consumers. It's something Adobe engineers have to fix.

(Actually, This delay began after 2018 when a new compossite engine was introduced. It was somewhat okay at the time, but after 2021 and now 2022 are completely unusable.)
If it's the best option, you can either stay in the 2020 version or choose the 2018 or 2019 version and wait. To be exact, a lot of people have been waiting. Hoping that this slowness will improve,
However, those who apply to corporate licenses must be forced to use the new version. And all of the versions that are licensed now are slow and work efficiency is very much less efficient. In a task that takes 10 minutes, a delay of 1 to 2 seconds is accumulated and included, so it is often 20 minutes. This is a really big problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todo lo que puedo hacer es volver a la versión anterior de Photoshop.

El problema es que todas las versiones de 2022 de este año parecen tener un error, así que no sé qué hacer. ¿Es mejor si uso la versión 2021 o 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues with a Mac Studio Max, 1TB SSD and 64GB ram

Photoshop (updated) clean insatl is very laggy and IS sticky in preformance compared to the M1 MAc Mini I had with 16GB ram

This can only mean Adobe may need to address some codong for the new system / graphics etc?

I've turned off the GPU in performance and still same issues plus a crash here and there which for me is abnormal considering previous years reliability. 

To confirm: new download and inastall of Photoshop/ Bridge and LR Classic BUT it seems only Photoshop is an issue.

Patch tool and slow AND Spot healing Brush not behaving nromally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive the typos! •coding (May need to address some coding)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same problem regardless of the computer's OS.(win/mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people in the thread have a good computer.

And most are experiencing the same delay.
Now Adobe has to tell us.
To a certain extent, the problem has been recognised, the correction process has progressed to some extent, and when will it be updated People want to hear the plan.

I can't buy a computer with a better specification. It's already the best spec. And I turned on and off the settings in Photoshop, and I did all the solutions that Adobe suggested
We've done everything we can from Adobe's client's point of view and we can't do it anymore.  just waiting for it's all....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested Photoshop with my daughter's laptop for listening to real-time Internet lectures and high performance desktop.
Laptop is very old. I think I bought it in 2013. And the laptop has Photoshop cs5.

My PC has Intel 12700K with RTX3070. Photoshop version is Current Version(23.3.2)

Image size is 8000x5334(16bit)

Brush stroke, layer toglle visable, Hand move, Liquify...etc

In everything, very old laptops were exceptionally fast and smooth.

I know that the newer the Photoshop version, the more features are added and the heavier it becomes. But there's such a big difference in the image that it's so hard to understand.

Speed benches for the CS(CS3~6)series and CC(2014~2022) series are often shown on Facebook.

Where did it go wrong? Everything from boot speed to ability to perform tasks is slow....

This is a very serious problem..........

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have any plans to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe come up with a solution to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reporting two bugs.
One is The hand tool moves differently. (Standard view mode vs Fullscreen mode)

It feels like it's lagging. Something like hand tool operates as if the some low FPS is restricted.(When work in Stadard view mode)

You can see below 1 GIF.

1 standard view.gif

But if move work on Fullscreen mode(or with Menubar Fullscreen mode), it's really smooth.

2 fullscreen view.gif

My vertical synchronization option is turned off and the graphics driver is the latest Studio driver.

Also, i tried some solutions. Turn off gpu/gpu comp/multithread/opencl/native canvas,ruller/reset prefs/reinstall.

But it's same. FPS seems to change depending on the View mode. Can it be fixed?

And please take a look at this too. It's not a serious problem, but if you zoom in and out using the Wacom tablet, the screen shakes a little as soon as you put the pen down? It works like a bounce. The mouse ends very exactly .

3 shake.gif

I don't know if you can see this well, but look carefully at both ends of the canvas. Every time you finish zooming in, it looks like it's bouncing up a little by little.

It's not a serious problem as I said, but it seems like a bug that needs fixing because the mouse doesn't work like that. (Ofcourse wacom driver is latest version, and When I zoom in with a wacom pen on purpose, I don't raise my hand shaking like that. That's just how it works.)

window10, photoshop version 23.3.2

check this issues. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate