• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 23.x Keeps Crashing on Mac M1 when pasting text

Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a new M1 Mac a few months ago and have updated all of my adobe programs to the latest software (i.e; Photoshop is on 23.2.2). I've been having lots of issues with the application crashing and losing all of my work. The latest issue that caused it to crash is copying and pasting text into a text box.

Is anyone else having similar issues, and were you able to resolve it? Thanks.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

@KegunMorkin Thanks. Got your crash reports. Added some notes for engineering. Might need more details about which fonts you are using when this happens.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Photoshop preferences. Press and hold Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) immediately after launching Photoshop. You will be prompted to delete the current settings.

(Mac OS only) Open the Preferences folder in the Library folder*, and drag the Adobe Photoshop CS Settings folder to the Trash.

This action only affects the items found in the preferences dialog box. Numerous program settings are stored in the Adobe Photoshop Preferences file, including general display options, file-saving options, performance options, cursor options, transparency options, type options, and options for plug‑ins and scratch disks. Brushes (and lots of other setting) are not affected by the above instructions for deleting preferences. You may wish to make a screen capture of the settings in the Preferences dialog to reset them prior to deleting of this file.

Also: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

*To manually delete Photoshop preferences:
Quit Photoshop.
Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder:
MacOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note:
The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html
Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings.

If that doesn't work, try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still crashing? 
Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still crashing? 
You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
Also view:
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/224955/how-to-reset-a-macs-nvram-pram-and-smc.html
From Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacBook Pro 2017, Big Sur 11.6.3, PhotoShop 23.2.0. I have repeated crashing also. Happens when I adjust opacity on a layer or adjust with Curves. Once there was a "recovered" file but on sucssive crashes no file was recovered.

This is a new issue for me today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@natecarrico The issue you described was fixed in recent updates. Make sure you're up to date with 23.2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KegunMorkin I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 that resolved my issue. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jeff, I am on 23.2.2 and I submit each crash report to Adobe. I'm still experiencing these issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KegunMorkin Are you using a different email address than the one you use to log in here when you submit your crash logs? Nothing comes up when I search with the hotmail account you're using here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J453 Yes, would you like me to provide that email?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, You can DM me the email address or enter the one you used here and resubmit some crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just sent you a private message with the email!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MBP 15 Late 2013 with Nvidia GPU. 

My Mac only crashes when using PS. I'm on Big Sur and 23.X I even downgraded to 22.X Up until last month everything was ok. 

Resetting preferences did not work. If PS is running with no file open, everything is fine. After a few minutes (2-5) of working with an image either my whole laptop will freeze and eventually shut down, or it shuts down randomly. I have left PS and LR open all night with no files, and the next monring everything would be just as I left it.

I replaced my battery as it was in pretty bad shape (swollen) thinking that would be the problem, but things are still happening. 

Crashes would happen every 10-20 minutes or so, now it's not even that. 

There is no crash log when I turn my laptop back on. 

I don't know what else to do, I started a thread and got no response except "reset your settings". 

Is there any way of having a process monitor app/command that will log everything regarding PS? Maybe that way someone can recognize what the problem is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stopandwatchthesky You're seeing something different than the original poster on this thread. A system crash usually means a low level failure such as a driver (bad video card driver, etc), failing hardware (hard disk, video card, etc.) or damaged OS installation. You could try disabling Use Graphics Processor in the prefs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KegunMorkin Thanks. Got your crash reports. Added some notes for engineering. Might need more details about which fonts you are using when this happens.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've disabled the GPU usage, still the problem persists.

I would like to remark that my computer at no other moment crashes. Only when using PS, and just started recently. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just posted about having the same issue on V23.5, so this issue isn't fixed and is still happening 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.

I have spent so much time on the phone to Apple (who have been nothing other than amazing in trying to resolve my issue).

What's worrying is reading this thread, clearly there is an issue between ADOBE and the M1 chip. I have a brand new 16inch Macbook Pro, updated to all the latest software and yet my machine crashes when Creative Cloud is installed. Adobe, please get this sorted out. It's terrible!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue with v24.0.1 with the new M1, and the software is up to date, crashes at least a few times a day and normally not when it's under any strain at all, like just healing or some basic function and not on massive files, have already submitted a couple of reports.....

Votes

Translate

Translate