• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop 24.2 When trying to open or save box is blank

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When tryin to open a file by choosing the file menu then open the browse box is blank. Version 24.2

Rick28874801iwnm_0-1678816311947.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Hi all, we have this logged and the team is investigating.

Things to try:
One thing to look at trying regarding the Save dialog not working, is to change Preferences > File Handling > Default File Location from "Creative Cloud" to "On your computer". This skips the UXP Cloud save dialog and goes to the local hard drive save options. 

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Hi all,

We have fixed this issue with the latest Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app update. Please update the Creative Cloud Desktop app if you still see this problem. 

Let us know if you are still seeing this issue after the update.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 137 Replies 137
137 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes true, but I am pretty sure it was fixed with the recent update, which was mentioned above.

Glad to hear you seem to have it resolved!

best,
mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, as mentioned by the staff of adobe, they are very helpful to have fixed the problem. As I I'm not a professional I will in turn reveal how this problem occured, for future users to avoid this problem.

I pinpointed how this happened to me. I installed the version of PS, which is not my desired language. It appears that it's not available to change language within the settings, so I had to re-install the software. I used a freeware that "helps erase all data CLEAN" of a particular software, and I believe that process messed up some of the program files. Adobe reinvented the save/save as interface, and that part was missing from my Mac after the wipe, so the save/save as prompt went totally blank. My final solution was to install PS again via creative cloud. 

Summary: DO NOT trust those uninstalling freeware the claims to "help erase all unwanted files" on your Mac. It's not worth it.

Points to ponder: Adobe, how about making switching language available within PS without having to reinstall? That potentially save a lot of trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. It looks like my problem and some others' may be related, then, to using Photoshop installed on a managed workstation. I don't have administrative privileges on my computer. All installations are managed by a central IT department that has given Creative Cloud some permissions (but not all) to install software. It's possible that the rules regarding software installations on our workstations may be interfering with the way Photoshop wants to install its software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this problem on PS 25.2, CreativeCloud 6.0.0.571 and Mac OS Sonoma 14.1.2. So all the latest versions as of today's date 12 Dec '23. I have tried various proposed solutions which didn't work but finally I think I have fixed it now.

Basically you need to reset your PS settings.

Quit PS, go to the ~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop 2024 Settings/. Drag this folder to the desktop as a back up.

Restart PS, a new 'Adobe Photoshop 2024 Settings' folder will be created and you the settings will be reset, any filters or plugins will still be in the same places. I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I upated PS to Ver 25.3.1 and subsequently experienced the blank screen when attempting to save files.  I have spent a couple days trying to sort this out; thinking it had somthing to do with either the computer or a software setting.  When openiing files that had previous edits "save As" works.  When opening previously unedited files, "Save As" and "Save" invokes the blank screen. however "export" still works.  I reverted to 25.2.0; no change.  I opened a new file in Light Room, imported it to PS and "Save" and "Save As" works.  This seems to suggest the the bug may be in ACR. When bringing a previously unedited raw file into ACR then into PS the "Save" and "Save As" don't cooperate. Most frustraing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Akeagle 

Perhaps try a thorough reset of Photoshop preferences?

(read this entire post before acting please)

Resetting restores Photoshop's internal preferences, which are saved when Photoshop closes.

If they become corrupt then various issues can occur.

Here’s some info on how to do that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually

Manually removing preferences files is the most complete method for restoring Photoshop to its default state. This method ensures all preferences and any user presets which may be causing a problem are not loaded.

1. Quit Photoshop.

2. Navigate to Photoshop's Preferences folder.
    macOS: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings
    Windows: Users/[user name]/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop [version]/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note: The user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS. To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see How to access hidden user library files.
  3. Drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe for a back-up of your settings

4. Open Photoshop.

New preferences files will be created in their original location.

Note re macOS: The user Library folder is hidden by default.

To access files in the hidden user Library folder, see here for how to access hidden user library files.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Unexpected behaviour may indicate damaged preferences. Restoring preferences to their default settings is a good idea when trying to troubleshoot unexpected behaviours in Photoshop. check out the video

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Learn how to access and modify Photoshop preferences and customise per your frequent workflows

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

And here’s an earlier forum discussion as an aid to understanding

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-reset-photoshop-pre...

You may want to backup your settings and custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences.

Here is general info about that:  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Before you reset your preferences

in case of future issues, I suggest you make a copy as Adobe may need one to check problematic references. 

Quit Photoshop.
Go to Photoshop's Preferences folder

Preferences file locations: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-names-locations-photoshop.html\

[on MacOS see: Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe Photoshop [version] Settings

Note for those on macOS: - be aware that the user Library folder is hidden by default on macOS.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

In the Finder, open the “Go” menu whilst holding down the Option (Alt) key.

Library will now appear in the list - below the current user's “home” directory. ]

Now you can drag the entire Adobe Photoshop [Version] Settings folder to the desktop or somewhere safe as a back-up of your settings.

Note for those on macOS:

Preference preservation is affected by macOS permissions,

you’ll need to allow Photoshop ‘Full Disk Access’ in your Mac OS Preferences/Security and Privacy

If that doesn't fix the issue:

Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Multithreaded Compositing - and restart Photoshop.

Still hanging? 

Go to Preferences > Performance... click Advanced Settings... and uncheck "GPU Compositing" - then restart Photoshop. 

Do you still have problems?

Here's a link from Myra Ferguson specificially for troubleshooting Photoshop if it crashes on launch (which includes resetting preferences) Troubleshoot crash or freeze in Photoshop

It may even be time to reinstall Photoshop.

It’s recommended that you use the Adobe CC cleaner tool to remove all traces first.

(See above about preserving preferences though! It’s worth preserving them unless they are corrupted.)

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Uninstall Photoshop BUT make sure to choose the option “Yes, remove app preference”.

Once that process finishes, start the installation process and look into the “Advanced Options”. Uncheck “Import previous settings and preferences” and choose to “Remove old versions”.

I hope this helps

neil barstow, colourmanagement net  - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'

google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.

Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Deinstalled v25... and use v24.72, no Problems so far. i hope this will get fixed soon, the cloud save option is useless anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try to save, I get a blank box with no options. PS is up-to-date. I have reset the preferences and yes, I have restarted the Mac. Im at a loss and and so are the files I just created. 😞 

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 5.05.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this bug reappeared again after updating to v25, it's annoying how you
fellas have not fixed this issue.

--

Mail: igor@ristovski.info
www.ristovski.info
www.behance.net/commie

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue seems to stem from a conflict with saving location: cloud vs computer

The fix I had to use the last time was this:

Photoshop>Settings>File Handling>Default File Location  change this to ON YOUR COMPUTER

THEN:

MacOS Preferences>Security and Privacy>Full Disk Access

I hope this helps. This was very frustrating for me in a school setting when it was happening on 25 lab computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate