Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop crashes after iPadOS 15 update on iPad Pro

Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

After downloading ios15 on my iPad Pro my photoshops keeps crashing. Anyone else with this problem? Mostley it happens when I am retouching.

Kind Regards 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

In progress

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the Photoshop app are you running?

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble due to Photoshop crashing on the iPad. Please go to the Settings for Photoshop, then General & try Restoring the app defaults. Once done, relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can also try re-installing the app to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem, its quite annoying. As soon you start working with larger files 1GB+ it starts crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nikunj.m nothing of the advised solutions helped. I restored the settings and also reinstalled th app. I have the latest version on my iPad installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as well.  I have contacted customer support several times with no fix to the issue.  I have re-installed, etc.  I sincerely hope that a bug fix/update is on the way.  This is so extremely infuriating.  The app crashes every few minutes and my photo-edits are lost.  I re-open and begin editing and then it crashes again and edits are lost once again.  Please figure it out Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AndaPanda looks like you're hitting a crash in a prior version. Can you try installing the latest version (3.0) that was released this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version and am seeing frequent crashes when touching up a photo. I found that if I go to airplane mode that everything works fine. Once I turn WiFi back on it starts crashing again. So if you're ok going offline to do the editing then that might be a viable workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing same issue here. App crashes as soon as I open it, or as soon I configure or open a new canvas. Tried also uninstalling an reinstalling the app. Photoshop version for the Ipad is also latest version 3.0. IpadOs is also latest Version, 15.1. (happened in the previous version too, though). It stops crashing as soon as I stop my internet connection, therefore it seems to have something to do with the cloud syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually (like 99% of the time) have issues with cloud syncing as well as app crashes. I've had my iPad since the end of April 2021 and I've only been able to fully use Ps on iPad once or twice in all of this time. I've recently been thinking that I should just delete and stick to desktop because it's never been an easy app to work with. I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many time. Sometimes the screen just remains black and never loads when I open the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In progress

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you MaRieTa. 🤗😍❤️ Was having the same problem with PS continually crashing and followed your advice to quit the internet connection. Working fine now as long as I'm offline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here: iPad Pro, iOS 15.4, Photoshop crashes on open.

reinstalling does not help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me. PS keeps crashing about 1 millisecond after i try and open the app. I can only use Fresco whixh happens to work fine. But i need PS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem !!!!! Is there any solution to solve that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will you be posting an update here after bug has been fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, there is no resolution yet? Bug fixes can take at least a day or two to get through QA and the deployment process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still encountering the crash on launch. There was a problem with an external tool we use this morning that has been cleared up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All cleared up !!  Thanks !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My screen is black and frozen. I have iPad Pro, latest.   I don't know how to resolve. In the fall and January I lived on photoshop on this iPad. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see a black screen on application launch, quit and relaunch the app to get it showing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happening to me too using the spot healing tool with an apple pencil on ipad pro 11 ipados 15. Have tried disconnecting from wifi and setting airplane mode. Then unistalling and reinstalling app. Still freezes after a while.  Really frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly where I am having problems as well. The retouching tool will work fine for a little while and then just freeze up. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is exactly my issue also. I get about 2-6 spots

cleaned and freezes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having this issue. Updated to latest IOS 15.6 and updated the latest photoshop version today. The problem still persists, freezing up after using the spot healing brush. I've tried working in airplane mode/no wifi and it doesn't help. When will this get fixed?! The only reason I bought my ipad was to do some retouching using the apple pencil, making my workflow a lot faster. With this bug, it's taking me twice as long to complete anything. Photoshop for ipad is completely useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

August 2022 and I am having the issue as well, app is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate