Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

P: Photoshop crashes after iPadOS 15 update on iPad Pro

3 Votes
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

After downloading ios15 on my iPad Pro my photoshops keeps crashing. Anyone else with this problem? Mostley it happens when I am retouching.

Kind Regards 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Bug Started
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021
In progress
Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
10 Comments
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the Photoshop app are you running?

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble due to Photoshop crashing on the iPad. Please go to the Settings for Photoshop, then General & try Restoring the app defaults. Once done, relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, you can also try re-installing the app to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem, its quite annoying. As soon you start working with larger files 1GB+ it starts crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nikunj.m nothing of the advised solutions helped. I restored the settings and also reinstalled th app. I have the latest version on my iPad installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as well.  I have contacted customer support several times with no fix to the issue.  I have re-installed, etc.  I sincerely hope that a bug fix/update is on the way.  This is so extremely infuriating.  The app crashes every few minutes and my photo-edits are lost.  I re-open and begin editing and then it crashes again and edits are lost once again.  Please figure it out Adobe.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AndaPanda looks like you're hitting a crash in a prior version. Can you try installing the latest version (3.0) that was released this week.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version and am seeing frequent crashes when touching up a photo. I found that if I go to airplane mode that everything works fine. Once I turn WiFi back on it starts crashing again. So if you're ok going offline to do the editing then that might be a viable workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing same issue here. App crashes as soon as I open it, or as soon I configure or open a new canvas. Tried also uninstalling an reinstalling the app. Photoshop version for the Ipad is also latest version 3.0. IpadOs is also latest Version, 15.1. (happened in the previous version too, though). It stops crashing as soon as I stop my internet connection, therefore it seems to have something to do with the cloud syncing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually (like 99% of the time) have issues with cloud syncing as well as app crashes. I've had my iPad since the end of April 2021 and I've only been able to fully use Ps on iPad once or twice in all of this time. I've recently been thinking that I should just delete and stick to desktop because it's never been an easy app to work with. I've uninstalled and reinstalled so many time. Sometimes the screen just remains black and never loads when I open the app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In progress

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging
Bug Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines