• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop crashes when I try to open Portrait Pro Studio Max plugin.

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open the Portrait Pro Studio Max (v.22.2.1) plugin in Photoshop (v.23.1.1) it crashes. Anyone else having this issue? Is there a workaround?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Hi,

I had the same problems and after some mailt I received the bypass from Anthropoics and it works fine.

The bypass received by mail:

While our developers try to solve this problem, please can you try the following steps as a workaround while waiting for an update?

1. Uninstall PortraitPro 22 and it's plugin completely (using the steps in one of my previous replies)
2. Install PortraitPro 21 - https://www.anthropics.com/portraitpro/downloads/21.4.2/PortraitProStudioSetup64.pkg
3. Open PP 21 at least

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've reached out to the architect of the maker of Portrait Pro. He's asked you to open a support ticket with them. I've provided him with what we know about the crash and connected him to our engineering team. Hopefully we can figure out a solution working together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christian, would you be OK with me sharing your email address with the portrait pro folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem did you get any answers to fix this? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julietta76 would you be OK with me sharing your email address with the portrait pro folks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem using the Portrait Pro Studio plugin.  Photoshop, macOS and Portrait Pro last versions.

Contact with Portrait Prod, they ask me to remove Portrait Pro and a new installation. Same problem. They said that it could be a shortage of memory problem  but when I start PS and Portrait Pro I have 13Gb of free memory.

I send them some error logs created by PS abend. 

Still waiting for a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the following answer from the PortraitPro team and did all steps.... but PS crashed again.

Please check these folders for duplicate plugin files and delete all the 'PortraitPro' or "PSFilterPP" plugin files from these folders.
Mac
Hard Drive/Applications/[Photoshop version]/Plug-ins
Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC
Hard Drive/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins
Then, please fully remove any previous versions of PortraitPro, including any free trials and install it again by following these instructions just like you did before:
1. Select all versions of PortraitPro in your Applications folder, right click, then send them to the Trash.
2. Open the Finder view, then click on Go. Hold down the Option key (ALT on non-Mac keyboards) and click on Library, and then Preferences. Now scroll down and look for anything containing the name "portraitpro" or "portraitprofessional" and move it to the Trash.
3. In the Finder view, go to your home folder. Then click on Library, then Application Support and then Anthropics. Within the Anthropics folder, look for the PortraitPro or PortraitProfessional folder and move it to the Trash. The Mac also stores this file in memory so moving it the Trash is not enough, now you also need to empty the trash and reboot to make sure the files have gone completely.
4. After rebooting re-install the full version. To download the software again please go here: www.anthropics.com/portraitpro/licenses please enter your token PLM-xxxxxxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ruud de Soet Thanks for submitting Crash logs. I've shared them with the Portrait Pro folks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try the below and see how I get on too

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issues. Portrait Pro Studio Max (v.22.2.1) plugin in Photoshop (v.23.1.1) it crashesAnd have reached out to support Portrait Pro and they have had me uninstall the program and reinstall 4 times. I still have the same issue. I'm not getting anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I had the same problems and after some mailt I received the bypass from Anthropoics and it works fine.

The bypass received by mail:

While our developers try to solve this problem, please can you try the following steps as a workaround while waiting for an update?

1. Uninstall PortraitPro 22 and it's plugin completely (using the steps in one of my previous replies)
2. Install PortraitPro 21 - https://www.anthropics.com/portraitpro/downloads/21.4.2/PortraitProStudioSetup64.pkg
3. Open PP 21 at least once
4. Move PP 21 to the trash (Applications/PortraitPro Studio) and Empty Trash
5. Install PP 22 but do not install the plugin. (During installation, just uncheck 'Photoshop Plug-in Installer') - 

6. Open PP 22 at least once
After these steps, try using the Photoshop plugin as usual.
Please let us know if you have any difficulty, or if the problem persists

Warm regards,
Harry

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I finally got the Portrait Pro workaround to work. Thanks to all who posted regarding this topic.

2. Install PortraitPro 19 
3. Open PP 19 at least once
4. Move PP 19 to the trash (only at Applications/PortraitPro Studio) and Empty Trash
5. Install PP 22 but do not install the plugin. (During installation, just uncheck 'Photoshop Plug-in Installer')
6. Open PP 22 at least once

After these steps, try using the Photoshop plugin as usual.

Please let us know if you have any difficulty, or if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you very much for this solution!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And where do I get the older version of PP 19?

I have the same problems with PP 23 and Phototshop crashing evertime I open PP from there.

Wanted to try the described workaround but don't have the older versions of Portrait Pro to install. I can't find it online either. Any tips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2023 Sep 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ho lo stesso identico problema ma come te non riesco a risolverlo

Votes

Translate

Translate