• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop freezes when changing grid via action without setting subdivisions

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got several actions that switch my grid parameters in Photoshop. I noticed with the latest Photoshop version, that running actions that do not contain an entry for subdivisions lead to Photoshop freezing. In the example in the screenshot, the actions GridSize 20 and GridSize 32 work fine, but running GridSize 64 leads to a freeze every time. I tried narrowing it down, and setting the grid color has no effect, but once you leave out the setting for subdivisions in the action, the crash occurs.

HannesDrexl_0-1651130730812.png

Using Photoshop 23.3.1 and Windows 10.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Thanks! I think I figured it out. Grids need to be visibile for it to fail. I've asked engineering to take a look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share your ATN file that exhibits this behavior? Use CC files or dropbox to share a download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I think I figured it out. Grids need to be visibile for it to fail. I've asked engineering to take a look. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4. This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate