Exit

P: Photoshop Ghosting Background

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD 22.5.0

MAC OS Catalina 10.15.7

ScreenShot20210817at11.58.38AM-a9d16bb3-0b6c-4c8d-a879-c6012b800ab7-1179750035.png

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 22.5.1 which includes the fix for this issue. Check the list of other fixed issues here

To update Photoshop to 22.5.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Please feel free to share your feedback with us.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-06-11 17_45_47-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 337 Replies 337
337 Comments
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When zooming or scrolling around, I'm getting all sorts of strange artifacts/glitches outside my artboard. I've tried turning on and off the performance preference around using the graphics processor, as well as simply uninstall/reinstalling the app. Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 3.25.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-30 at 3.55.08 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I tried the trick of turning on "Deactivate Native Canvas," which solved the artifact issue—but now I'm unable to see the names of artboards when I have more than one in a doc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, while that fixed that particular problem, it had the effect of disabling the Rotate Canvas feature which I also use all the time. So apparently it's a choice of which glitch you can deal with. But then I subsequently started having other problems, such as my handmade lasso selections appearing to be "dumbed down" to only big square blocks of pixels like a 80's video game, unless there's an underlying white background. Also the image first appearing as all black upon opening, unless there's an underlying white background (requiring an image maginication refresh to clear it up). Very glitchy suddenly, only in RGB mode. I reverted to an older version, not having those problems now. So, conclusion - the latest version is very buggy! I've never had any of these problem before with photoshop in 20+ years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened Photoshop and it started showing these random pixels on the artboard. I have tried disabling/enabling the GPU and restaring the whole application to no avail. I can still do things with it like usual, but this obviously tells me there's a problem. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

2021-08-29 13_01_39-Preferences.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

use this guide

Artboards

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivating the Native Canvas has helped me to resolve this issue. Previously I was advised by an Adobe representative to roll back to the previous version. Now I am with 22.5.0 releasy and very happy. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no information how to solve original user problem, is there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is working on a fix for the problem with artifacts in the canvas area.

Workarounds:

1. Go to preferences > Technology Previews... and check "Disable Native Canvas" - then restart Photoshop. Does the problem still occur?
  2. If disabling Native Canvas doesn't help, go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. If this fixes it, try updating your graphics driver and re-enable Use Graphics Processor.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html 
Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

momentarily I solved it by disabling the graphics processor in preferences and increasing the cache levels to 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody got any ideas why I'm seeing repetive line on background like these please?Photoshop drammatico_.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.5. It would be helpful if you could share a screenshot of the artifact you're referring to.

You can try enabling the option to Deactivate Native Canvas in Photoshop 22.5 by going to Preferences, then Technology Previews. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd solved my issue with "Disable Native Canvas", but this caused other issues. No longer able to rotate the artboard and new documents display with random black squares. 

All instantly solved by reverting back to 22.4.3 ...until 22.5.1 comes off the conveyor belt.

2020 iMac/5700XT/10.5.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, does anyone know what's going on in my photoshop (22.5.0 - macOS 10.15.7)? What you can see in the screenshot is the result of moving the image, using the zoom, etc. When I move the image it's like painting a glithc. Can someone help me? Thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences and restarting Photoshop to see if it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Ged! It works, but it slows down my photoshop a lot (I have activated the use of the GPU, I currently have 8 GB of RAM) Any advice? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

The coffee coloured square in the middle, on the attached image is my document. The weird pixelated grey and white is what should be the dark grey interface around the art board. Zooming and out does not get rid of this extremely distracting aberration.

Apple Support suggested I contact Adobe Support. However I've been looking for Adobe Support for over an hour and can't find — how is that even possible? 

Anyway, does anyone know what may be causing this issue and how to fix it. This happens on everything and anything that I open in Photoshop.

InDesign also has a slightly different issues, where my document becomes full of geometric shapes using the colours in my document but that goes away with some zooming in and out and is an intermittent issue.

Thank you

Photoshop issue 2021.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'll move the thread to the Photoshop forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

T  H  A  N  K   Y  O  U  !  !

This worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Version 22.5.0

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

I open a file, toggle from Standard Screen Mode to Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar, Zoom In/Zoom Out, move the canvas around and get distorted fragments of the image all around (see attached example). As I open more files, these "reminiscent" images get all the viewport cluttered.screen_mode_issue.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that there's a problem or incompatibility with your graphic card or driver.

Try to deactivate the GPU support in the Photoshop preferences: Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues (adobe.com)

Also check if there's an updated driver for your graphic device is available. If yes please download and install it and check.

Another try is to reset the preferences to the default settings.

Preferences in Photoshop (adobe.com)

Please backup your settings before resetting the preferences. You can check:

Migrate presets, actions, and settings (adobe.com)

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is ghosting when moving objects around in Photoshop 22.5 on PC. Mainly with the gridlines for "snap to", but also when moving text around.

Votes

Translate

Translate