• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop creates a gude log while working with files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Arbeiten mit der aktuellen Photoshop-Version hängt sich Photoshop nach kürzester Zeit auf, d.h. die Bedienoberfläche und Menüs verschwinden und ein speichern ist nicht möglich. Folgende Fehlermeldung schreibt er in die log-Datei (gude-2022-04-14.log):

[WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir helfen? Vielen Dank.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been fixed with the release of 24.2.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 500 Replies 500
500 Comments
Participant ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 24.1.0, windows 10 latest update. As stated in other topics (notably https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-photoshop-gude-log-created-when-working-wi...), I've now also started getting "gude" log files littering my machine. 

Reproduce: double-click any image, photoshop starts, opens file and dumps a "gude" log into the original folder with the date, for example: "gude-2023-01-05.log"

The file persists once Photoshop is closed. I now have close to 70 of them littering my folders just since the last week.

Sample file attached - contents are largely the same for each one of these files that gets created.

This was not happening in the previous version of Photoshop, nor before the latest Win10 update.

I realise this is a duplicate report but that original topic is so long and convoluted now that it keeps getting marked as "resolved" when the issue still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @chrisell99, I completely understand the issue and frustration, especially about the very long thread you reference. I alerted Adobe engineers about the problem when it first showed up again with the 24.1 release and I found gude logs on my system, too. I asked again today in our back channel for a status update. Adobe is aware of the issue, and I'm hoping we'll hear very soon about a fix that can be pushed through as a special release or in the next release.

Please note, your new post may be combined into the other one by a Community moderator (I am not one). It's done that way primarily so that notification of a fix can be posted in one central area and disseminated simultaneously. Please stay tuned, and thanks for your patience. The workaround for now is to launch Photoshop first when we can remember to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisell99  "I realise this is a duplicate report but that original topic is so long and convoluted now that it keeps getting marked as "resolved" when the issue still persists."

I agree with you. I created a new post hoping that it would stand alone because of all the unnecessary responses here. but some one merged my new post with this. I was not happy, considering my new post is now 'lost' here.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@J E L  Thank you! It was good to have a response.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"... users opening PhotoShop first and then using the File menu in PS to navigate to the directory where the file is located ...."

you misunderstood my statement; this is referring to Saving files back to the original folder which is done in photoshop not Bridge. Double-clicking a file in the OS is a standard practice used by professionals since the original windows type OSs were put out there, and yes right-clicking when photoshop is closed generates this file. actually, every time you open a file that opens up photoshop the log file is created; you just don't see it if photoshop is open or another program opens the file for you.

Bridge has no real use to professionals, and one is better served using your own filing system instead of relying on a program that has no real usefulness besides taking up room on your hard drive. Extra work comes in with using a separate program for the express purpose of opening files instead of using the original program designed to edit those files. Not referring to the microsecond it takes for the second click; or the even longer dragging and dropping into the program but the back and forth on thousands of files a day being edited; wasting hours of your day doing basically nothing you can't do with the native operating system and program like photoshop. Example do an export>Save for web and it opens up the older file save dialog box where you have to navigate to the folder you need to save.

So, the procedure should be

- try to remember to open photoshop first until Adobe fixes the debugging that wasn't turned off

- end of line

P.S.

If you use Bridge and it's working for you by all means use it; however, you would be better served; if editing a fair amount of images; by developing your own filing system to gain better efficiency and time savings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I make my living as a product photographer and use Bridge daily in my workflow. FWIW, its definitely a professional tool. Maybe not for you, whatever kind of work you do, but for some of us who are working pros its pretty important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you are on your own [removed]!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes a working pro too for over 30 years, everything from photography, image editing to video and found it to be more of a hinderance then a help especially dealing with 100s to 1000s of images daily. Most people here are the same way, some absolutely hate it. If it's working for you then more power to you and enjoy :); just trying to give the other side of the coin in leu of the constant promo and over hyping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always in favor of using the right tools for the job. There are realities for every professional and we all have to do what works for us. I'd just steer clear of blanket statements.

Remember that some professional drivers operate race cars, some drive taxicabs, and some are behind the wheel of a dump truck. Buts it all good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,
je rencontre le même problème que vous, et je ne trouve pas la solution pour supprimer ce bugg.
J'espère que quelqu'un pourras apporter la solution. Merci.
Bonne journée.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I've been getting gude files for over two weeks now. Photoshop 24.1, Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Photoshop 24 now creating a text file each time I open a PSD? I just updated a couple days ago. Yesterday was the first time I opened a PSD. The first time it did it, I thought, where did that file come from? I deleted it. But then the next time I opened Photoshop, I paid attention and it is creating the text file. Is there a way to stop this? I don't want all the clutter from these extra text files in every folder where I keep a PSD for a client. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Mine are called "gude..." followed by numbers. Seems like it's been an issue for a while. But only when I updated to 24 did I start to see this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually has been going on for a while, but some people are only noticing the issue since updating to 24.1, I was able to reproduce it back in April when it was 23.xx, it's not an issue for me as I open images from within Photoshop rather than outside of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I almost always scroll to my customer's folder and then open the PSD from there. (Unless it's the first time I'm working on a file, then I usually scroll to my templates folder and open one of those.) But like I said, I didn't have this in 23. Thanks for your replies. 

So there's no fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So there's no fix?" not at the moment, there's other bugs in 24.1 that hopefully Adobe will address in the next update.

Sometimes Adobe introduce bug fixes that actually introduce more bugs, it's kind of been that way for sometime 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha.
I always kick myself for being an early adopter. Sigh. Wish I had waited to update. Alright, carrying on. Have a great day. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like that my separate post was merged into this one - I separated a new post deliberately to try to draw attention as I feel all the comments in this mega thread are just lost now - is anyone from Adobe looking at this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@chrisell99 . . ."I don't like that my separate post was merged into this one - I separated a new post deliberately to try to draw attention . . ."

I did the same. I created a new post to draw attention as I thought the older post and bug was resolved with an update 23.1 something.  I was disappointed to find that it was merged with this one. There are so many unnecessary comments that I feel the genuine comments re this bug will get buried.

Here: 

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a few days now, every time I use Photoshop, a 'gude' file is created for me. Is this some kind of bug? It is very annoying how every day such files are created. Maybe this is indicative of a bug that needs to be fixed?

Here is the content:

13:55:24:832 [ALWAYS]	GUDE Logging Started
13:55:24:832 [INFO]	SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty
13:55:24:832 [ERROR]	SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure
13:55:24:832 [ERROR]	Initialize resume cache pointer failure
13:55:24:832 [INFO]	gude policy POLICY_USER limit (2,2,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 0, timeout 86400 
13:55:24:833 [INFO]	Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude
13:55:26:730 [WARN]	Ignoring attempt to reinit logging to \gude at level 4 retaining 3 days of logs
13:55:26:730 [INFO]	SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty
13:55:26:730 [ERROR]	SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure
13:55:26:730 [ERROR]	Initialize resume cache pointer failure
13:55:26:730 [INFO]	gude policy POLICY_USER limit (4,4,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 1, timeout 86400 
13:55:26:730 [INFO]	Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kamilm58417781 

This bug has been reported and Adobe is working on a fix. One thing you can do in the interim is to launch Photoshop first. 

This is from Community Expert  @D Fosse  on 15 December 2022:

Happens here too, but only in one very specific scenario:

• It happens when I open files from the desktop, by double-clicking the file when Photoshop is not already running.
  • If I open with Windows Explorer from the normal directory on a separate drive, never happens.
  • If Photoshop is already running, never happens.
  • If I open from Bridge, never happens, wherever the file is.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, Jane, I later found one of those (#2) to be incorrect. I get the gude log when opening from Windows Explorer everywhere, not just the desktop.

But the other three still hold. Using Bridge it doesn't happen, and if PS is already running it doesn't happen.

And then someone pointed out yet another one: right-click and "open with Photoshop". But that's a bit too cumbersome for a normal workday.

What I'd like to know is what the heck that gude log actually logs. What is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, gude. ( 😉 Sorry.) I was just about to reply and say that no matter where I open from in explorer with a double click that I'm getting the log. I was wondering after reading the op if I was the only one. So I'm glad to see by your reply that I've not got some unique version of this bug. 

Good to know that if I launch PS first, it won't happen. Now I just have to remember to do that step.

I hope they fix this one soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate