• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop creates a gude log while working with files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Arbeiten mit der aktuellen Photoshop-Version hängt sich Photoshop nach kürzester Zeit auf, d.h. die Bedienoberfläche und Menüs verschwinden und ein speichern ist nicht möglich. Folgende Fehlermeldung schreibt er in die log-Datei (gude-2022-04-14.log):

[WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir helfen? Vielen Dank.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been fixed with the release of 24.2.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 500 Replies 500
500 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noise is what you get with 25 separate threads about the same issue.

This way, the engineers have all the info they need in one thread. Even if it takes a bit of scrolling, that's better than 25 tabs in your browser, trying to correlate who said what and when.

And if it gets resolved, there's one thread to post that too, and everyone gets the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we even know if anyone from Adobe is looking at this? The last post from an Adobe employee seems to have been in May last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're reading, don't worry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is aware, there is a bug open in their bug tracking system, nobody outside of Adobe engineering knows what priority that bug has or how complicated the fix might be. The workaround is simple- don't double-click files in Windows Explorer to launch Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New workaround found today.

If I double an image to launch Photoshop, gude log is generated.

If I launch Photoshop first, then open the same image no log file.

Seems to me that adobe latest update broke something tied to windows which starts the error log generation.

Still a bug!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this behavior.

If Photoshop is already running, double-clicking a file in Windows File Explorer to open it does not generate the log file. The log file is only generated if Photoshop is not running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a mess. We shouldn't have to open files from within the program (a pain when you work accross extensive networks). Why is this still going on from Spring 2022? Adobe CC gives me updates CONSTANTLY - when can we expect a fix for this? My IT Dept had to interrupt my work to delete these and spent some time trying to uninstall and reinstall before this thread was found. Talk about a waste of time. Really, please give us a date for this fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2023 Jan 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re the proposal of opening PS without double clicking a file NOT creating a GUDE log file, I bet it does create a file, probably in your userdata roaming profile folder... but you are just not seeing it. I will test, but will need some kind of disk/process monitor to validate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log file sits next to the file you're opening, wherever that is. End of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log file is only *visible* next to what you are opening if the file is double clicked. If the file is opened from within PS, no gude-yyy-mm-dd.txt file is spawned.

In summary, yes, the log file does consistently sit "next to the file you're opening", if you dbl click, but does not sit next to the file if it is opened in a PS dialog. Any way you slice it, Adobe Sync is being dumb and littering the filesystem with crud, which in my case is syncd to my OneDrive and my Wasabi S3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is like photoshop takes a poop anywhere you open a file.
I feel like a dog owner, cleaning up poop all the time. Can you not fix this? Can you confirm reproducability?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE ERROR MESSAGE

I keep getting a similar message every time I open a photograph from file explore , just the date changes

I don’t get the message when open a photograph directly into Photoshop

Gude-2023-01-04

12:01:17:321 [ALWAYS]      GUDE Logging Started

12:01:17:327 [INFO]  Sqlite Resume Cache: :Sqlite Resume Cache base directory is null/empty

12:01:17:327 [ERROR]          Sqlite Resume Cache:: Create Sqlite Resume Cache creating resume cache pointer failure

12:01:17:327 [ERROR]          Initialize resume cache pointer failure

12:01:17:327 [INFO]  gude policy POLICY_USER limit (2,2,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 0, timeout 86400

12:01:17:327 [INFO]  Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude

12:01:18:991 [WARN]           Ignoring attempt to reinit logging to \gude at level 4 retaining 3 days of logs

12:01:18:991 [INFO]  Sqlite Resume Cache:: Sqlite Resume Cache base directory is null/empty

12:01:18:991 [ERROR]          Sqlite Resume Cache:: Create Sqlite Resume Cache creating resume cache pointer failure

12:01:18:991 [ERROR]          Initialize resume cache pointer failure

12:01:18:991 [INFO]  gude policy POLICY_USER limit (4,4,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 1, timeout 86400

12:01:18:991 [INFO]  Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

About 2 weeks or so ago, I started noticing that Photoshop is creating .log files such as these :

Camille22183169zu19_0-1673736342018.png

I inspected the documents, and they all seem to be "Error" logs. However, I know very little about this so I might be mistaken. I figured this was probably a bug in a previous update and a patch would come to fix this, but recent updates haven't changed anything. 

Is anyone familiar with this issue? Thanks!

- Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camille22183169zu19

yes Adobe is working on a fix. The workaround is to not launch Photoshop by double-clicking files. Either launch Photoshop first or send files from Bridge/Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started getting this bug today.  100% fresh install of all Adobe software and Photoshop trying to fix a different bug.(Clicking the magic wand tool shuts off my computer.  I want to see the result of that investigation!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - that's the answer. Just start Photoshop first ... or, which is the right thing anyways ... do everything from Bridge or Lightroom. Like this the issue is basically nonexistent. I do basically everything from Bridge, the ultimate organzing tool, even non-photoshop work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just recently, gude logs (in the form of notepad txt documents, .log) are being created when I double click to open any of my PSD files. They are created in the same folder as the PSD file, and I have no idea what they mean. All the logs are the same.

Could someone please tell me what these logs mean? Each one just has the day's date in the title.

I am using the latest version of Photoshop through Creative Cloud, and the most up to date version of Windows 10. I have not changed anything that I think would have caused this. I use Photoshop on my main computer, and a Surface Tablet, but not at the same time. This issue is not showing on the tablet.

Full log posted below:

11:16:50:412 [ALWAYS] GUDE Logging Started
11:16:50:417 [INFO] SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty
11:16:50:417 [ERROR] SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure
11:16:50:417 [ERROR] Initialize resume cache pointer failure
11:16:50:418 [INFO] gude policy POLICY_USER limit (2,2,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 0, timeout 86400
11:16:50:418 [INFO] Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude
11:16:54:154 [WARN] Ignoring attempt to reinit logging to \gude at level 4 retaining 3 days of logs
11:16:54:154 [INFO] SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty
11:16:54:154 [ERROR] SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure
11:16:54:154 [ERROR] Initialize resume cache pointer failure
11:16:54:154 [INFO] gude policy POLICY_USER limit (4,4,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 1, timeout 86400
11:16:54:154 [INFO] Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are absolutely correct about Bridge, now expect to be attacked by various inexperienced haters and other people with bizarre ideas about how digital editing is done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello blindOD45,

the entire post is full of the same question and the same answers. Here it is again:

gude file do NOT appear when you

a) launch photoshop first/ is running already

b) open a file from bridge, which is the usual and smart way when editing in photoshop /  other Adobe applications

gude files ONLY appear when opening from Windows Explorer and photoshop is NOT running.

Yes - it is a nuicense and should be fixed asap, but is not existing at all when doing all your file sorting, picking, opening from Bridge. Why wouldn't one NOT start everything from Bridge where you can see your PS thumbnails and pre-views with all meta data in personallized layouts.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Bridge in production for my product photography day job BUT the idea is that different users have different needs. Bridge doesn't work for me with my personal photography business, I use Lightroom Classic (and wish I still could use Aperture.)

Photoshop should work correctly regardless of whether Bridge is used or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing every post about this but not a legit solution for it, would like to know if there's a fix that's up to date?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been seeing every post about this but not a legit solution for it, would like to know if there's a fix that's up to date?.

By @ana botana

Hi Ana,

I've moved your post to the main thread for the bug report, where Adobe will let us know when they have the fix. In the interim, open PS first to avoid the gude files.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas.

Trabajando en varios planos, photoshop crea automáticamente el siguiente archivo para cada uno de ellos:

14:18:45:072 [ALWAYS] GUDE Logging Started

14:18:45:073 [INFO] SqliteResumeCache::SqliteResumeCache basedirectory is null/empty

14:18:45:073 [ERROR] SqliteResumeCache::CreateSqliteResumeCache creating resume cache pointer failure

14:18:45:073 [ERROR] Initialize resume cache pointer failure

14:18:45:073 [INFO] gude policy POLICY_USER limit (2,2,1) chunk 2097152, chunking (UL 0 DL 1), resXfer 1, adapt 0, NSURL 0, timeout 86400

14:18:45:073 [INFO] Initialized -- gude-lib version: v0.12.1 app: gude

Alguien que pueda arrojar un poco de luz?

• Photoshop (última versión a día de hoy)
  • Windows 10

Gracias de antemano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug has been reported and Adobe is working on a fix.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate