• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop creates a gude log while working with files

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beim Arbeiten mit der aktuellen Photoshop-Version hängt sich Photoshop nach kürzester Zeit auf, d.h. die Bedienoberfläche und Menüs verschwinden und ein speichern ist nicht möglich. Folgende Fehlermeldung schreibt er in die log-Datei (gude-2022-04-14.log):

[WARN] WGudeRequest::applyAutoDetectProxyAutoConfigSettings Failed to autodetect proxy settings. WinHTTP Unable To Download Script. last error code = 12167

Hat jemand ein ähnliches Problem und kann mir helfen? Vielen Dank.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Thank you everyone for your patience. This issue has been fixed with the release of 24.2.

Thank you,

Cory

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 500 Replies 500
500 Comments
Engaged ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin stohlmeyer  "There are already extensive posts about this bug"

With all due respect, the original issue in this post was resolved back in April/May 2022 with an update 23.3.1 and yes, of course there were extensive posts on it.

However, this same bug has re-appeared in version 24.1 and needs attention. By posting a 'New Post' about a bug in PS v 24.1. I would have thought it would have been easier to catch the attention of someone who could relay the re-occurrence of this bug back to the appropriate Adobe staff.

I started a new thread since this one is cluttered, but it seems someone merged my new thread with this and my account of this bug will surely get lost amongst this.

We shall see. 

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I didn't know that this is a new bug and was already solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RosaPerry the issue was reported as been fixed, but the update didn't actually fix it, it's been ongoing since then

2022-12-31 14_16_24-P_ Photoshop gude log created when working with fi... - Adobe Support Community .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to actually get work done in Photoshop? Of just interesting in commenting on the oddball creation of gude*.log and when Adobe will patch the software?

If you are trying to get work done, just improve your Photoshop use practices by opening files either with Bridge (the best practice) or by right clicking, then "open with Photoshop."

No need to thank me! And for the record you can, if you have put a shortcut to notepad.exe in the "send to" folder, right click a *.log file and send to notepad to see in this case it's ... guess what? That's right, a log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beachcolonist 

Please stop it. Your solution is no solution, but only a workaround. You obviously have no idea about developing applications. This is a bug and has to be fixed.

But thank you for your good willing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ged_Traynor 

I had no way of knowing. I've not experienced this until the recent update and that's why I thought it was a re-occurrence of that bug. This has not happened to me in the previous versions and I would know, as it something I always do by double clicking a PSD file if PS is closed. Interesting that this has only happened to me in this v of PS. Something for the engineers to think about. Windows OS, latest build.

I started a new thread since this one is cluttered, but it seems someone merged my new thread with this.

Rosa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oui je penses comme toi !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Abuse removed by moderator. Please follow forum guidelines to be kind and respectful.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post "Solved! - Unwanted "gude.log" file creation issue in Photoshop - Solved!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone who deals with the automatic creation of Photoshop 24.1 Gude log files.
A visible log file is pathetic for a company like Adobe (not that I would prefer hidden log files).
No, I don't want to use 'Bridge' because I don't want a system scan for listable files in Bridge.

Exciting I find the reaction of Adobe - just not a useful response. Is there maybe an admin in this forum? Maybe someone who could provide us with patches?! Users should go around in circles here until there is an update. What are the connections between file control and the manufacturers of the operating systems? This is not a freeware Program - we rented it for money.
Maybe we wait until version PS 25?. I'm opting out now and will wait for Adobe's kindness, unfortunately I have no other choice.
Thank you for some good tips from members. Beautiful celebration in anticipation of the year 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will be happy to learn,

1. Your reason you say you won't use Bridge is a myth: there is no requirement for what you call, "a system scan for listable files in Bridge" in order to use Bridge. You can just add Bridge to your "open with" options.

2. You don't have to use Bridge at all (though it is a fantastic software and is exactly what the name implies, the bridge between file collections and Photoshop) you can just use "open with" Photoshop.

3. Or you can open Photoshop first.

There you go, no need to thank me have a productive time creating in Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beachcolonist You will be on an Island by yourself with the type of attitude you demonstrate here.  I seriously doubt you're in a position to hire anyone or manage anyone ... if you were you'd be spending your days working with HR 24/7 ... within two posts you say "workaround" (which is accurate) to "solution" which is not accurate.

Again, Adobe claimed the problem was fixed, it came back to life, we're letting them know and waiting for a "solution", not a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, Adobe claimed the problem was fixed, it came back to life, we're letting them know and waiting for a "solution", not a workaround.

So very much this. A workaround only works for the people who are aware of it in the first place. And once you are in the know about this specific issue, you realize it's not really that big of a deal: Just delete the files when they appear or work around it. However, a permanent solution is needed for the not-that-advanced, regular users who suddenly discover these files scattered all over their folders and end up believing there's a serious problem with their system. Hopefully, they will discover this thread and learn about this issue. There do seem to be quite a few new commenters on this thread recently. But by that time, they might've already invested time and energy into scanning for malware, changing settings, reinstalling plugins, software, operating system, etc, etc.

In my personal opinion, Adobe should've prioritized this bug and fixed it permanently a long time ago. Is this opinion really that controversial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antisoda - You say, "A workaround only works for the people who are aware of it in the first place."

I am happy to let you know this is not true. A work around works for anyone, anytime, even if they already have numerous log files all over numerous folders.

Users need these things:

1. They need to be calmed about fears of virus, malware etc. it's not. It's a text file (and you can look at it by opening it notepad with no risk of harm to your PC if you are curious about it).

2. They need to be told how to remove all the files easily if they want them gone. To do this just search the drive once for gude*.log and delete them all at once.

3. They need a workflow to carry on using the software without generating more log files. I detailed three (3) methods in my post titled, "Solved! - Unwanted "gude.log" file creation issue in Photoshop - Solved!"

4. It is not true that, "not-that-advanced, regular users" need a "permanent solution," it's absolutely unnecessary. Making demands of Adobe in this forum is like hollering at a building. You can do it if you wish, but it's not worth the effort.

5. When you are driving and you come to a roadblock, you take another route, you don't sit and wait for the road to be opened. This is the same thing. Eventually Adobe will fix it.

But even after Adobe fixes  the issue; using Bridge to review & open and manage and batch process files will be the preferred way to work for serious users, artists, anyone with a lot of files with various types & attibutes. So it's not only  a trivial issue, but with intelligent work methods any user, including new users, can prevent it from occurring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I'll deal with your comments, point by point:

"A workaround only works for the people who are aware of it in the first place."

I am happy to let you know this is not true. A work around works for anyone, anytime, even if they already have numerous log files all over numerous folders.

Really? How can people use a workaround if they're not even aware that one exists? Please tell me. I'm intrigued.

1. They need to be calmed about fears of virus, malware etc. it's not. It's a text file (and you can look at it by opening it notepad with no risk of harm to your PC if you are curious about it).

But regular users just might not even know this. They see files with strange, scary-looking text announcing errors popping up, seemingly by themselves, all over their system. Files that will throw an equally scary-looking error message if they try to open them while Photoshop is still open. Some people just aren't as well versed in computer science as others might be.

2. They need to be told how to remove all the files easily if they want them gone. To do this just search the drive once for gude*.log and delete them all at once.

But they do need to know about this issue before they can take steps to resolve it.

3. They need a workflow to carry on using the software without generating more log files. I detailed three (3) methods in my post titled, "Solved! - Unwanted "gude.log" file creation issue in Photoshop - Solved!"

Ah, so those files are a result of all the people in this thread's own mistake by choosing not to use the correct workflow. Got it.

4. It is not true that, "not-that-advanced, regular users" need a "permanent solution," it's absolutely unnecessary. Making demands of Adobe in this forum is like hollering at a building. You can do it if you wish, but it's not worth the effort.

Here's what's not going to happen if Adobe never learn about bugs in their software: Bugs get fixed.

Did you really call it unnecessary to fix a bug that erroneously creates multiple files on customers' systems? Well, I disagree completely. It's a bug. Bugs get fixed. Especially known bugs, like this one.

5. When you are driving and you come to a roadblock, you take another route, you don't sit and wait for the road to be opened. This is the same thing. Eventually Adobe will fix it.

No, the analogy is more like this: You're driving along like you normally do, and then suddenly error messages start popping up in your dash. Every time you try to drive anywhere, errors galore. And if you try getting help in your car's help forum, you're told you're just using your car incorrectly.

But even after Adobe fixes the issue; using Bridge to review & open and manage and batch process files will be the preferred way to work for serious users, artists, anyone with a lot of files with various types & attibutes. So it's not only a trivial issue, but with intelligent work methods any user, including new users, can prevent it from occurring.

Regular users, as well as serious users and artists, should be allowed and able to use Adobe products however they want without being told they're doing it the wrong way or getting chastised when they try to comment on this issue in a support thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My comments on the gude*.log issue stand, and are for the benefit of Photoshop users who want to get back to work or play with the software, [removed]. You are free to do as you wish!

[Abuse removed by moderator. Please follow forum guidelines to be kind and respectful.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following this thread with interest and really only have one thing to say.

Where are the Adobe staff? Why doesn't Adobe answer our questions?

We pay big money for the service and are met with nonchalance.

Improvement! Now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gardis - Adobe doesn't jump because a problem is posted to the forum. This trivial bug doesn't even interfere with the operation of the software.

The "staff" here are contributors, volunteers and some employees. We are also supposed to help each other, while Adobe works on the software according to their own corporate rules.

If you review some posted questions at random, you will see that official answers always send people to help pages you could have found yourself Googling the issue, many of which are no help or are circular. Another common tactic is to tell people to reset their preferences. You never get some Adobe engineer answering a post, it would be too expensive.

And for what you do get, you don't "pay big money" for the software, you pay a trival cost for what it does. And it works like magic for endless useful editing purposes. That said, you could find something else if the lack of attention in the forum bothers you that much.

~~~

The way to use the forum is to search for an issue, check to see if a workaround is available, take it and go back to work or play with the software.
Posts about not being paid enough attention to are off topic whining, and they will ignore you. That's how it goes. You have zero authority over Adobe to make demands, believe me, you will find this out in the long run.

If you want to just move forward on this log file nonsense, see my post, "Solved! - Unwanted "gude.log" file creation issue in Photoshop - Solved!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my collegue  have the same problem. Is there a solution for this in the meantime?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last Photoshop Update I get ".log" files when I open an image in Adobe Photoshop. When I want to delete the files I have to close Photoshop first. Where can I turn this off again? Or do I get a Solution with the next update? I use Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since my last Photoshop Update I get ".log" files when I open an image in Adobe Photoshop.

By @N.Frohns

Hi

This is a reported issue and Adobe is working on a fix. Two things that have worked for others are:

• Reverting to 24.0.1
  • These steps from Community Expert @D Fosse 
    1D394107-7E14-4AB2-A34D-D7E45B4F521E.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Beachcolonist wrote:

See:

Isn't your post more or less what @D Fosse wrote 11 days earlier, except with more words? 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane I've already "solved" this for users who can pry themselves away from amateur habits, with three (3) work arounds, each of which better anyway, than the oversimple procedure that generates the files (clicking on a file when Photoshop is closed).

See https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/solved-unwanted-quot-gude-log-quot-file-crea...

Votes

Translate

Translate