• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Photoshop liquify zoom slow werid

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop zoom is weird with delay in Liquify filter.

If i try to zoom in to more than 50%, it will take as long as 3 seconds to load the image. And then all of a sudden,  zoom in.

something wrong... This is very inconvenient. I reset the settings of Photoshop and reinstalled it. It's the same problem.

My laptop, imac is same issue. No OS problem... Photoshop version is 23.3
Fix and Help me plz =(

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Hi Everyone, 

We apologize for the Liquify issue. We have a potential fix in the Photoshop Beta build, which can be downloaded and installed independently from Photoshop, into its own ’Beta’ folder. Please try out your hardest Liquify workflows and let us know if it’s solid for you.  

With the vast configuration of computer systems running Photoshop, it’s impossible for us to replicate the wide range of behaviors on our systems here, so this fix is requiring lower-level patches that we need yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

I agree with the comments above.

Why do we have to choose while updating the version?

I've been waiting for at least two to three minutes for each task with this zoom expansion over the past few months. So when I put the time together, the time I waited for was over half ~ an hour.

But I've been happy for a few days. The delay was completely gone, and it was really fast.....

But that was the only thing that hit me, and 23.4 was a version that I couldn't use normally.

And I installed it as soon as th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4 Photoshop 23.4.1.  This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 146 Replies 146
146 Comments
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2022 Jun 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I compared several computers because I thought it might be a problem with the operating system.

Window10 / Window11 / Mac OS monterey

However, the delay slows down regardless of the OS.

I've increased the RAM 16 to 64gb and changed the graphics card, but looking at the same thing, I think it's definitely a bug.

It is the same that the image is slow to respond even if it is not zoom in . Not expanding is not the solution.

Was there a saying that this will be fixed? feel like will just pass by in version 2022...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Photoshop 23.4 Photoshop 23.4.1.  This update includes the fix for this issue. To see the list of all fixed issues, click here

To update Photoshop to 23.4.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know if the update resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delay occurs again when the zoom level is enlarged by 50% or more. (Typical resolution images over 5 to 6000px)

The bug reoccurs after the 23.4.1 update.

23.4.1 update is inevitable because it was an urgent update to deal with a dangerous problem, but the zoom response speed of Liquify, which has been the biggest issue in recent years, will have to be resolved again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this terrible delay starting again? omg....

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If use 23.4 version, smooth and good speed Liquify, but it is almost impossible to use other work because of the color box bug...

if use 23.4.1 version, The basic color box bug seems to have been solved, but the liquify has a delay... Even if there's a short delay of 1 or 2 seconds, it'll be an hour... I don't know. I don't know what version to use.

Can't you just update both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the comments above.

Why do we have to choose while updating the version?

I've been waiting for at least two to three minutes for each task with this zoom expansion over the past few months. So when I put the time together, the time I waited for was over half ~ an hour.

But I've been happy for a few days. The delay was completely gone, and it was really fast.....

But that was the only thing that hit me, and 23.4 was a version that I couldn't use normally.

And I installed it as soon as the 23.4.1 update came up, so I was relieved that it was available, but after running the liquify, I'm afraid that the nightmare of the last few months will start again.

I don't know why I have to wait for this delay, and I hate that my time goes by when I'm not actually working.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mohit Goyal . Thank you for leaving Adobe's release.

I tested 23.4 and confirmed that the zoom of the liquify was completely fixed.

However, 23.4 is a problematic version that Adobe does not officially recommend, as you know, rollback to the previous version. I couldn't use it. lol

And now the updated 23.4.1 has broken the liquify again. So the bottom line is that it needs to be corrected. There is a delay again. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tick-tock, tick-tock

As the delay begins again, my meaningless time passes again.

I thought months of pain was over

Should I just cancel my Photoshop subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're not quite able to reproduce this yet in 23.4.1.

Can y'all provide more details on the types of workflow that is seeing this slow down?

What kind of system are you using?

How big are your files?

What are you up to in Liquify? 

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

desktop window10 21h2 my cpu 5900x 2080rtx

laptop m1 2021 macbook pro

image size mostly 4000px x 6000px ~ 6000px x 9000px  (Typical Dslr image Size)

If try to zoom in quickly, there will be a delay before 50% as before. Like the videos at the beginning of this thread. feels like it's loading. Delay

In 23.4, no matter how large the image size is, it zoomed in smoothly without any loading or delay.

But in 23.4.1 it was broken again.

It has the same delay as Windows and Mac OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to easily reproduce this in 23.3.2 but can no longer reproduce in 23.4.1 (Windows 10).  Can you try downloading the Photoshop Beta (23.5) and see if the problem occurs there as well? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Adam Jerugim  thanks for reply. I installed beta, but there is no 23.5 and 23.4 is the latest. Version 23.4 is normal because the delay has been modified as others said. Only 23.4.1 is. What kind of environment do you test? Is the normal image size correct? Make 2 or 3 layers and run a liquify. And if you try to zoom in quickly, there will be a delay again. All things considered, 23.4 worked perfectly and quickly. Something has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adam Jerugim  I found 23.5 and installed it and tested it, but there is a delay like 23.4.1. 23.4 was a normal speed. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS 的液化又变慢了。 我经常扩大和缩小,一旦发生这种延误,我的时间就不够了 要转到23.4版本吗?

我每次都等。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing with a flat image, 10000px wide. I'll try something with layers next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

放大缩小如此缓慢的液化。 我怎样才能修好呢?

上海的西门老师提议安装23.4。 但是我不能使用。

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested raw,dng,tif,jpg,png,psd and many other file types, set it to 8 bits depth.

Tried various sizes of images, including 2000px at least and 10000px at most.

After continuing to test, there is definitely a positive change.

One thing I can say for sure is that there seems to be a speed improvement compared to 23.3.2.

However, if 23.4 worked really fast regardless of the image size or bit depth above, there is a slight delay in 23.4.1.

Of course, 23.4.1 is not broken i guess. After continuing to test, it's much faster than the actual 23.3.2.

But if I were to list it based on the speed,

23.4 > 23.4.1 > 23.3.2 or other version

Among the photoshop version environments that I tested, 23.4 was the fastest, making me remember the old photoshop.(such as cc2014 or 2015)

Adobe recognizes what we want, and it certainly has improved speed. But as the author of this article says, something has changed since it was updated from 23.4 to 23.4.1.

It's not smooth. 23.4 was perfect for the response speed of the liquid pie, so I couldn't think of the word loading and delay itself. However, 23.4.1 seems to require some loading.

I'll have to test it more on MacOS, but what I'm talking about is the Windows OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue after update. my current photoshop version is 23.4.1(2022PS)

Zoom speed fixed at 23.4 was good. But now I have to wait again every time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried reinstalling Windows OS just in case, but there is no change.

It's not impossible to use. It is okay to select some areas and run the liquify.

But it's just a stopgap and if i have to open the whole area, there's a huge delay again.

Photoshop has gotten a lot heavier since a few years ago, but exceptionally, the one that always worked smoothly was liquify, so I was always satisfied... Why did this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this be fix in the update next month?

Should we wait for this delay again like in the last few months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But since it's already been fixed once, won't it be fixed again quickly?

Btw, it's hard to choose the area again and try the liquify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be nice if this could be fixed quickly. We want a smooth zoom-in-out from Photoshop Liquify

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been fixed yet. Next Update Release?

slow zoom of the liquify is really uncomfortable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has not been fixed on this verison 23.4.1. Please Roll back zoom as like version 23.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to fix this zoom delay? I've updated the new version and tried the rollback, but the problem is not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate