• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Polygonal Lasso Tool closes too easily on MacOS 10.9 with Wacom tablet

Enthusiast ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I recently upgraded to Mavericks, and I have a MAJOR problem that is giving me problems.

The Polygonal lasso tool using a Wacom tablet. The lasso too decides to close the mask before I want it to. This happens constantly when trying to mask object with the Polygonal Lasso tool - forcing me to use a mouse when working.

I hope this will be adrdessed and fixed soon. There ́s no way for me to roll back the Mavericks upgrade, but as it is right now, Photoshop isn ́t working optimal in Mavericks for me.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014
Thanks for reporting this issue and your help with troubleshooting. We appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us.

Here's our official document and workaround for this issue:

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/p...

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, and/or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

When you use Photoshop with a Wacom tablet, one or more of the following may occur:

• menus, panels, or dialog boxes turn white and become unresponsive
• keyboard shortc...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014
A plug-in to work around this issue is available at bit.ly/NzQly1 this plug-in works with both CS6 and CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate
79 Comments
Enthusiast ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or like the fact that quick view suddenly won ́t take 10% of the video codecs it did in Mountain Lion. I don ́t know if Apple thinks this is evolution, but to me upgrading felt like a "devolution" in so many areas. And rolling back gave back so much I had to sacrifice in the new OS, in general and especially in Photoshop... I hope it will be fixed in time, since Apple doesn ́t sell their old OS ́s and pretty much stops all development on them, you have to update sooner or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a late 2013 Mac and it cames with Mavericks, so I could not downsteep to mountain, in my work I need the Polygonal selection tool....just a sh.t,

I'm looking to get a license, now I have trial one, but as I see in the forums I'll wait

Maybe they haven't tested enought their products before but, I know many people with the same issues and they say that new update doesn't work at all...probably next computer will be a windows pc

Notice...a friend is using the cs5 version and it works properly....its not the same but...it works

salut!

Excuse for my English

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2014 Feb 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone who recognises that the lasso tool works a little bit better after the
update today (Photoshop 14.2.1)?? In my opinion, it seems to work better, but not perfect yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends have not updated to 14.2.1...they're still in 14.2....so I'm gonna ask about last update, I will notice later....meanwhile I'm not gonna buy....

and polygonal lasso....How does it works? Its still autoclosing?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested it for a minute, first try it closed the mask after 5 points. Second try, which i did a little bit slower it worked fine. But could even be imagination by myself 🙂 But the line is still invisible sometimes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!...I've visited adobe's page's which explain the fixed bugs from 14.2 and nowhere says anything about the polygonal lasso tool...

thanks buster

have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im curious if the latest update to Mavericks 10.9.2 helps anything, or if I should stick with mountain Lion. I ́m also curious what is being done to address this problem and the Keystroke bug in Mavericks - we haven ́t heard anything for quite some time now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2014 Feb 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.9.2 fixes some known issues, but not many of them affecting Photoshop. (I'm still running 10.8).

We're constantly working on these issues - and they take time. Plus sometimes we have to wait for other parties to finish their research/fixes/testing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok , thanks for the information. I ́m glad its still under investigation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2014 Feb 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A plug-in to work around this issue is available at bit.ly/NzQly1 this plug-in works with both CS6 and CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2014 Feb 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I tried the plug-in and it's not helping the problem... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats sad to hear 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only there was some kind of way for Adobe to get access to Apple's new operating systems more then 6 months before public release, so you could test that your software will work before your customers run into functionality issues with basic tools.. Oh wait.. They have that: https://developer.apple.com/programs/...

Also, the lasso tool still works fine in FireWorks, so it kind of indicates that it is possible for Adobe to fix this without involving other parties.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because we have early access, and report a lot of bugs, does not mean that those bugs will be fixed before the OS ships.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this issue and your help with troubleshooting. We appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us.

Here's our official document and workaround for this issue:

Menus, shortcuts, Lasso tool, and/or Photoshop stop working when using a Wacom tablet | Mac OS

When you use Photoshop with a Wacom tablet, one or more of the following may occur:

• menus, panels, or dialog boxes turn white and become unresponsive
• keyboard shortcuts stop working
• lasso tool selections close prematurely
• Photoshop becomes unresponsive

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I basically can't make selections because all the lasso tools with close the selection prematurely. As im drawing or clicking points to make a selections, the dotted line indicating the path disappears and after a moment closes the selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC version 14.1.2. Polygonal Lasso Tool only lets me set 4 to 5 points before it closes automatically. I am using a Wacom tablet. Never had this problem before with earlier versions. Does it with my crappy mouse too, but not as bad. Settings issue? Or a bug. Please let me know! I spend a lot of time masking out photos and this has screwed with my workflow big time. Thanks
zack

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT WORKS!!! I tested it right now and I can say, the polygon lasso tool works just like it should, excellent! Hope the issues get upgraded in future without using the plug in, but if not, it's a good solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User: try the workaround plugin that Jeffrey posted! My lasso tool does it right now... so happy!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 02, 2014 Mar 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you! working 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God! It works as it shoud.....gonna breaki cry....finally....
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Buster, you saved me too....I want to cry as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeffrey, you rock mang! Now I can get back to making money at the normal pace... CHEERS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that you don't need that plugin in CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to install this (WhiteWindowWorkaround.plugin1_0_6.zip )

to fix the problem with the polygonal lasso tool on Mac OSX.

I use Macbook Air with the latest OSX and I had installed 'creative suite 6 design standard"

After putting the plugin file in the plugin folder, I restarted Photoshop but it fails to open.

I got an error message saying ' application failed to register'

What to do ? Do I have to reinstall photoshop?

Also, wonder if the plugin will resolve the polygonal lasso problem. Any views on that?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate