• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preset Syncing - Recursive Multiple Copies Created

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Photoshop 23.0.1 (bug has been present in all versions since this feature was released)

2. MacOS - Monterey (bug has been present in all previous versions of MacOS since feature released)

A. Turn on Preset Syncing in Preference Panel

B. Expected Result - Presets to sync to Creative Cloud

C. Actual - Presets for ALL tools are duplicated recursively in folders, endlessly

• Only way to stop this is to turn off Preset Syncing
  • Each new Photoshop version seems to come with Preset Syncing turned on be default, which starts the problem all over again.

This was discussed in this feedback item, which has not been responded to since August:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-preset-sync-creating-multip...

To further emphasize this problem being widespread, even Chief Evalgelist Paul Trani was experiencing it live as he was leading Photoshop creative challenges this week - in the video you can see him quickly deleting these duplicate preset groups as he does the demo, across multiple tools, so it's affecting him as well.

Here's that video so you can see - note at this timecode he has this same problem, and then he deletes the redundant group (7:20)

Is this problem publicly ackowledged and can it be fixed so that we are not constantly cleaning up duplicate presets and possibly losing valuable work in the process?

https://youtu.be/gbF6o84o9OY?t=440

Tags: Presets, Syncing, Preset Syncing Problems, Preset Syncing Broken, Preset Sync

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Investigating.  Be sure to hit the UpVote at the top of the page if you're seeing this issue.

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @TDC3000 ,

Thank you so much for all the detailed information. It seems there is something else going on in your situation.

Can I please ask that you run logcollector on the desktop that is having the issues so we can analyze them? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html

Please rename the extension of the zip file to something like .zpp and email it to me clrodrig@adobe.com

Some quick questions regarding a comment related to upgrading to Ps 23.0.1, did you have Preset Sync turned OFF before upgrading?

Have you downgraded to an older version of Ps before upgrading to Ps 23.0.1 and if so, what version of Ps?

Preset Sync is not suppose to be turned ON by default on installation or upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ClaudiaR99  More information for you: 

"did you have Preset Sync turned OFF before upgrading?" - YES, I did have it turned OFF. I know this because the libraries sync error cropped up after I upgraded.

"Have you downgraded to an older version of Ps before upgrading to Ps 23.0.1 and if so, what version of Ps?" - I have NOT downgraded.

Additionally, I tried the following with these results:

1. Turn ON Preset Syncing again (after being removed from cloud)

2. Library Sync error recurs

3. Go through process on this web page to reset Creative Cloud and remove Creative Cloud library cache: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-libraries-panel-doesn-t-load-in-desktop-pro...

4. Attempt library sync again

5. Library Sync error happens again

6. Duplicated folder also appears, see this image, in one of the panels only (Shapes)

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 6.23.33 AM.jpg

7. Turn OFF preset syncing, and NO to keep in cloud

8. Libraries sync successfullly

A few comments

1. Folder duplication is still happening, and as I noted above, even for your own team, when they are doing livestreams (Paul Trani)

2. The Library Sync process is opaque, when preset syncing is turned on, it appears to go through several sync routines (0 - 100%) successfully, and then the last one has an error. I assume this is syncing different batches of presets, but I don't know. It would be very helpful if this process was  more transparent so we can understand what's going on.

I am now with Preset Syncing OFF and libraries sync successfully. Sending log file now, thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please, for the love of God, look into this.

Trying to sync my presents between my work and home laptops, but everytime I open one or the other, I'm greeted with either a dozen "Something went wrong while syncing your presets. Please try to restart Photoshop to recover." error messages (that just keep popping up---had two just now that came up in the middle of my typing this.) or I see a "Cannot load more shapes / brushes / tools etc." errors, and then go to find my brushes preset has the following attached.

FireBert85_0-1638326959910.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been an issue for years. I am constantly deleting duplicate folders. After updating yesterday I have a crazy pile of copies of copies of copies going on:

brushfolders.jpg

I use Photoshop on 2 computers - named Desktop and SB7.  Both have had synch turned on for ages so this does not happen from toggling sync off/on. There should be one of brushes (Main_Set_Nov_2021) on both computers. Everything else is generated copies from synching.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @BrettSimms 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info on both computers. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate