• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Pressing Windows 10 'win' key right after opening app doesn't give expected result

LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how that was in version 19.1.1 (and prior CC releases) which I installed as first one after many years of using CS6 EXTENDED, and didn't use because of one bug I'm waiting to be fixed, but today just testing something I found another one in 19.1.2.

When once after launching Photoshop I click 'win' key (that is on left side of keyboard between Ctrl and alt keys) then Windows menu (and down bar) shows just for few milliseconds.

Normally that should appear and be present as far as for ex. I won't press 'win' key again.

It behaves so each time I press 'win' key, even restarting Photoshop.

To make sure anything I changed in Photoshop affects this behaviour (like changed preferences, locations of panels etc) I reseted Preferences and Warning Dialogs.

After reopening Photoshop (with default settings) nothing changed.

I found that I may press 'win' key and 'd' what as you should know take me to desktop (or change application by 'alt' and 'tab'). When I then go back to Photoshop and use 'win' key it works correctly! Windows down bar and left menu (the same you can display clicking on Windows icon in down left corner) doesn't disappear after few milliseconds.

I tried it few times more (with just opened Photoshop). Unfortunately each time pressing 'win' key (before eventually I leave Photoshop to be back) makes this bug persists!

I hope you will fix it for 19.1.3 (and check how that was in 19.1.1, and if wrong too then when it was first time introduced).

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

I did find an issue that the first time you try to use the Windows key, the display flickers instead of displaying the OS menu.  But, if you ever switch to another window and return (ALT-TAB to another app and come back) then everything works fine and continues to work fine.  It would appear that Illustrator has the same behavior, but I agree it should work better and I've logged a bug.

Hope that helps,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming this wrong behaviour. I really don't like it. It doesn't seem anything hard to fix, so possibly can be fixed easily with next update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2018 Mar 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent now one hour to provide with more information about this bug.

The idea was to install all CC releases (with/out updates) and test 'win' key right after opening Photoshop to see when this bug was first time produced.

Versions 14.0, 15.0, 16.0, 17.0.2, 18.1.2 are free of this wrong behaviour.

So the last Photoshop it worked correctly was CC 2017.

Problem started with first version of Photoshop 2018 (19.0 / October 18, 2017), and was present in all next updates (19.0.1, 19.1, 19.1.1 19.1.2)

Please fix this bug, because often first thing I do after I launch Photoshop is to press 'win' key to access Windows menu together with default down bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming this wrong behaviour. I really don't like it. It doesn't seem anything hard to fix, so possibly can be fixed easily with next update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent now one hour to provide with more information about this bug.

The idea was to install all CC releases (with/out updates) and test 'win' key right after opening Photoshop to see when this bug was first time produced.

Versions 14.0, 15.0, 16.0, 17.0.2, 18.1.2 are free of this wrong behaviour.

So the last Photoshop it worked correctly was CC 2017.

Problem started with first version of Photoshop 2018 (19.0 / October 18, 2017), and was present in all next updates (19.0.1, 19.1, 19.1.1 19.1.2)

Please fix this bug, because often first thing I do after I launch Photoshop is to press 'win' key to access Windows menu together with default down bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!

It seems it's only Windows problem as one ACP wrote it doesn't happen on his Mac: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2466279

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the effort.  Yes, this bug was introduced (accidentally) in 19.0 and I've logged a bug to fix it.  It only impacts Windows, not Mac.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please share with me also ID for this log? THX!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure.  PS-14524.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug (PS-14524introduced to CC 2018 (19.0.0 / October 28, 2017) is still not fixed:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2466279

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fastest way I found to make pressing left WIN key displayed bottom bar & start content is pressing left or right/gr ALT in first instance. Still that is bug that should be disposed, especially that wasn't done for last SEVEN and a HALF months! Come on - that's so easy to fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Reminder: It's 19.1.5 version of CC 2018 and after 8 months we have to work with this bug 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate