• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Print dialog box always opens at top left corner of screen

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print dialog box always opens at top left corner of screen and when maximised does not retain settings on next use. The print preview is also low res and pixelated.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018
Hi Everyone,

The issue with printer dialog settings not being sticky was resolved in 19.1.2. The second issue, that the printer dialog appears low res/pixelated, was more complex to solve and will be resolved in 20.0.

Thanks for your patience.

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate
81 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

The issue with printer dialog settings not being sticky was resolved in 19.1.2. The second issue, that the printer dialog appears low res/pixelated, was more complex to solve and will be resolved in 20.0.

Thanks for your patience.

Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hannah, thank you for the update

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it doesn't affect the actual print, it's been something I can live with, thankfully. The Preview does do a pretty good job of showing me the effect of my profile on the print—about as good as it ever has—and that's more critical. So I can wait.  '-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im glad you can wait Cristen, and that it doesn’t matter to you, however if you have read through this thread you will see there are posts from professionals to whom it does matter. Sorry if I sound a bit overbearing, but I share their opinion, and the sooner this is fixed the better, so Im glad we’ve been given an optimistic update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you mistake what I was saying. I have the blurry print preview, and have been able to print, though at first it was definitely a preview I couldn't trust. And I don't like it. But I also don't find that it's the most critical problem I've got working with various apps. I'm not a print professional, though I do print regularly. If I were a print professional, however, I wouldn't be using 2018 to print through Photoshop. As it is, I can (and do) keep earlier versions installed for any time that a particular bug is a problem.

They run concurrently with 2018, allowing me to switch to 2018 for new features, and do whatever needs to be done, such as print with a clear preview, out of the earlier version. 2017 works just fine for print if I have any reason to doubt the sharpness, color, or tonality of the print upon opening the dialog. I just open the file to be printed in 2017 in that case. Though as I said, with experience I've been able to see that tone is accurate, and color as accurate as it's ever been with my paper profiles.

Not meaning to be overbearing, but if you read through the list of problems that crop up regularly just here (and not counting all the other apps we use and their bugs), this is something that definitely needs to be fixed, but without the same urgency as some of those other issues, and I can wait without being  angry about the wait until the next major release that Hannah has promised they are aiming for.  I thought that was all I was saying, but perhaps not with enough verbiage to indicate that I, too, want to see it fixed. I wasn't suggesting a permanently blurry print preview would be okay with me.  '-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update, Hannah - do you have an approximate release date for ver. 20.0?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope blurry print preview is resolved.. when is  20.0 coming out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoops! Sorry Cristin, I have offended you without intent. Point taken, and please be advised your verbiage is sssessed as more than adequate this time around, only kidding.
Kind regards
Alf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update, Hannah. Will 20.0 also fix the other problems - border not being printed, for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No hard feelings.  <s>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a publicly held company we are unable to share specific dates, but we tend to release updates at fairly regular intervals. Looking at past releases should give you a general idea of when the next update is coming.

Regards,
Hannah

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why from 4 months there are no updates to Photoshop (I don't say about last 2 that were general ones giving some security, memory, crash fix). There are still some bugs reported and logged, so why there are no monthly updates anymore like Adobe used to do starting with CC 2018? What about existing bugs they don't need to wait for next release to get fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be nice.  I love the ease of printing borders directly from the Print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded to version 20.0.0 and there are still problems in the print dialogue. Borders are not being printed, and all sorts of funny things are happening with values that have previously been set. For example, the preview always seems to come up in portrait mode even if it is set to landscape in the print settings. Going to the print settings dialogue and coming back seems to reset it. There are also some funny things going on with profile selection. The behaviour is too vague to provide a detailed description - it is just that since the update early this year it has been going wrong. And despite the reassurances from Adobe it has not been fixed.

I am very unhappy about this and have burnt a lot of paper and ink on failed prints that would have been fine before the update that broke it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the ongoing non-functional borders and other display problems, if I attempt to print to a specific size on my HP Z3200PS, I get inaccurate results.  The print size is often significantly smaller than what Photoshop predicts.

It's very disappointing, especially since Adobe promised much better bug-killing and software improvements with the subscription model.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like politicians. You can lie because you are one of them. And when there's noone better to vote for you have to follow rules of winner. Adobe still has monopol in graphics business - so I do not think we have much to say 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated from Photoshop 2017 to the newest Photoshop yesterday, 03/20/2019.  At first I had the pixelation issue, but it went away after rebooting and relaunching Photoshop.

But the the black borders still don't print.  I've returned to Photoshop 2017 for now.

I'm running Windows 10, 128gb RAM, Nvidia Titan X GPU, HP z820

It has been a very very long time with no fix for this.  We are paying a monthly fee to receive timely updates.  This should really be addressed by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to print black borders in the print dialogue box - only been going on for 2 years - still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup.  Either this problem is unique to us, or Adobe hasn't solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

V20.0.5, same problems....

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
Same for me.
If you activate the option "Registration Marks" above the Border option then border will be printed.
At the moment is the only solution i have been found.
I hope this can help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2019 Sep 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still unable to print black borders in the print dialogue box - only been going on for 2 years - still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ́m still using old photoshop, why I pay for creative cloud if I can ́t update? 2 years with a bug, and Adobe does nothing to solve. Maybe a class action solves the problem for adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem being unable to print black borders using Windows 10 & 7 and a variety of Epson printers (3880, 3800, R1900).  Agree with everyone else that it is unacceptable that Adobe has ignored the issue & has not solved the problem in 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate