• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem changing canvas size inside the smart object ruins the smart object

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep all my objects as a smart objects in PSD files, and when I need to change something, I go inside smart object and make changes. After latest update to 21.1.1 I noticed that if I go inside smart object, remove mask and "Revel All" to have original image without mask, it changes the size of canvas and smart object image becomes bigger in canvas size, after saving smart object in my original image brake the aspect ratio, looks like instead of changing canvas size of smart object it fit the new image inside same size. I hope I explained clearly.

I attach an image to show what I mean:

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

We are happy to announce the release of Photoshop 21.2.1 that should resolve this issue.

This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug fixes and security updates

To update Photoshop to 21.2.1, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Photoshop. 

More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
29 Comments
Mentor ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

testing this now and i don't have the bug. Can you verify that you're using 21.2.1 and not 21.1.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you retest with the latest update when you have a chance? I've tested here and it seems to be working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did the latest update fix the issue with SO scaling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
it appears to be unique to the file itself. i migrated all the layers to a new file and all of the layers distorted themselves. but at least they distorted consistently so i simply selected each layer and transformed them to 100%x100% scale. i have no idea what is up with that original file. i would upload the psd but it is a company asset. thanks for following up. ive never seen it happen before (using PS for 25 years) and this freaked me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate