• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: problems with F5 shortcut

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2013 Sep 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update Photoshop cc to 14.1 the shortcuts "F5" and "alt-F5" are "delete" and "fill foregroundcolor". Before I had F5 for brushes and now it's not possible to overwrite the "delete"-command. Brushes only works if you have mark an area which you can't delete.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013
Hey everyone,

This is fixed in 14.1.2 which was released tonight:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue with F5, my team had F5 bound to an Action. Now we can't unbind the Default "Fill" action correctly to assign our previous Action again.

After I unbind "Fill" (Shift F5) through Keyboards & Shortcuts, F5 becomes "Delete".

My Actions are predefined with both "F5" and "Shift F5" so something funny is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known problem that we are investigating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up! We will look into this problem.

In the meanwhile, I found that if you go to Window > Brushes and delete the shortcut and then replace it, things appear to return to normal.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Photoshop 14.1.1 suddenly my F5 key deletes the selected layer. I assigned my brushes palette to it, but now i can't change it back. Whatever i do it deletes a layer. I have tried resetting the keyboard shortcuts to default, searched the summary of keyboard shortcuts (no F5). Checked my actions (even deleted them from my actions palette, nothing works. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2013 Sep 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David, your suggestion doesn't work either... i tried that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed,

Which OS are you using? Are you interested in doing a web-mediated connect session so I can take a look at your machine?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I have been following this issue closely since my team suffers from the same issue.

We have given up on using F5 and reassigned our F5 Action to "Shift Command F5" to alleviate the issue and continue working. Hopefully you will get a resolution soon.

Thanks,
Travis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Travis,

My workaround didn't work for you either? Hmmm...

I've already logged a bug, but it might not get fixed for a while. If you're interested in trying to workout an interim fix, please let me know! Strangely enough, once I go into Keyboard Shortcuts and specifically remove and then restore F5 as the Windows > Brush shortcut, everything seems to return to normal for me.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, I wish that would work.

When I try your correction, the Fill Command replaces my F5 Action.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

I am running Mountain Lion (10.8.4).

What can you see with a web-mediated session? I have some of my clients files on my machine that are very confidential.

Thanks,
Ed

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here - f5 assigned to Gaussian blur now deletes layer, attempts to delete shortcut then reassign messages that action will be overridden!

Thought it was the 10.8.5 update that caused it but seems it was the p/shop update

MacPro (5.1) 10.8.5 Problem exclusive to CC version(14.1.1.x64) CS6 (13.1.2.64 )still works as normal

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2013 Sep 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on a solution, Tony. What worked for me did not work for Ed. Hopefully we'll have something soon.

Sorry for the trouble!
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2013 Sep 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC (14.1.1 x64). Playing back of a particular action cause the layer to be deleted. In previous version of PS I've used an action to "convert to smart object" and assigned it to a keyboard shortcut (f5). With PS CC, that shortcut wasn't working. It would actually delete the layer. So, I deleted my imported action and created a new one (still using f5 as the keyboard shortcut). The same problem exists, triggering the action from the shortcut deletes the layer. The contextual pop-up menu from the layer still works in creating a smart object, but once assigned to an action, it's deleting the layer. I have other actions set up to perform layer contextual commands (i.e. rasterize layer) with no issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2013 Sep 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anxiously awaiting a solution as well. I do a lot of brush work and I am constantly hitting F5 to open the (default) brush panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hey everyone,

This is fixed in 14.1.2 which was released tonight:

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/201...

Thanks for reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate